Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions – Facilities
This information sheet answers questions commonly asked by our partnered facilities about COVID-19.
As information continues to be made available regarding the novel coronavirus, officially named COVID-19, the IntelyCare team is here to ensure you receive all appropriate guidance to prevent the spread of this virus in your community.
How is IntelyCare preparing their workforce (IntelyPros) to treat and prevent the spread of COVID-19?
We’ve launched one of the first COVID-19 trainings designed specifically for nursing facilities.
- IntelyCare launched an in-app COVID-19 Best Practices Course to keep nursing professionals up to date on safe COVID-19 prevention and treatment practices, and to help keep patients safe.
- Our workforce is fully trained to treat and prevent COVID-19. All IntelyPros are required to take our COVID-19 Best Practices Training prior to picking up a shift at IntelyCare. This is also the first training certification designed for nursing facilities – whose population is at the center of the outbreak.
- By taking this training, IntelyPros will also receive a nursing certification of one contact hour that utilizes their professional nursing license.
A version of this training will be released for free to all in a few days. Everyone who completes the course will also receive certification credit.
How will IntelyCare protect my facility from potentially exposed IntelyPros?
At IntelyCare, we are taking a proactive approach to protecting our IntelyPros, our facilities, and their patients. Each of our nurses and nursing assistants will be required to take our unique COVID-19 Symptoms Questionnaire.
How it works…
- All IntelyPros will receive this questionnaire 36 hours before their shift start time. If an IntelyPro picks up a shift less than 36 hours before shift start time, they will be sent the survey upon accepting the shift.
- The survey will ask the IntelyPro if they have recently traveled to countries designated as a Level 2 or Level 3 COVID-19 alert by the CDC. They will also be asked if they have experienced a fever, cough, or shortness of breath in the last 14 days.
- IntelyPros that report experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be removed from the shift and a member of our team will reach out immediately.
Will IntelyCare inform a facility if an IP exposed to COVID-19 has worked at their facility?
We will be notifying facilities if an IntelyPro has been classified as having direct contact with a COVID-19 positive patient. We are utilizing a 14 day look back for any individual who is classified by the CDC as “low risk” or higher and notifying the facilities where this healthcare professional has worked post direct contact exposure.
What can we do if we really need your help in filling shifts…can we pay higher rates, offer incentives, etc?
Our Boost Button feature gives facilities the power to boost the rate of their shift(s) to make them more attractive to IntelyPros. IntelyCare does not profit from the boosted shift rate – the extra cash goes directly to the IntelyPro. You must opt-in to the Boost Button feature before you can use it. If you are not sure if your facility has the Boost Button feature or not, please contact your Client Success Manager.
How is IntelyCare monitoring outbreaks at facilities?
Every 48 hours we are asking facilities using our platform a question related to whether or not the facility has been “exposed” to COVID-19.
- If the facility answers Yes, we do our best to track down the level of exposure and the level of risk to IntelyPros who might have been working during an exposure period
- If we do know that the IntelyPro overlapped with the exposure time frame and is at risk for COVID-19, we will put the IntelyPro on hold for fourteen days from last exposure and for them to verify whether or not they are exhibiting symptoms
- During this 14 day period the IntelyPro will not be able to pick-up shifts at any facility other than the one where they were last exposed
- If they are not exhibiting symptoms after the 14 days of last exposure window, they will be allowed back into the IntelyPro workforce
- The diligence of the above and of our symptoms questionnaire and the training for IntelyPros has been built in accordance with CDC guidelines