VOTED by our Staff TOP WORKPLACE for 12 YEARS! - Hartford Courant, 2022.
InterCommunity, Inc is a FQHC LA (Federally Qualified Health Center Look Alike). Our health center provides same-day primary care services to every member of the community, regardless of life situation or ability to pay. We also provide a wide array of behavioral health services. Our community Health Care Centers are located at 281 Main St. East Hartford, 16 Coventry St. Hartford and 828 Sullivan Ave., South Windsor. InterCommunity’s Addiction Services offers a similarly wide range of substance use treatment and recovery-supportive services, with many sites in the Hartford area. We provide services across the spectrum of care, including primary care, residential detoxification and substance use treatment, multiple levels of residential care, outpatient substance use disorder and mental health services for adults and children, intensive outpatient programs, employment and community support, mobile crisis evaluations, judicial support services and social rehabilitation.
At Intercommunity, we believe our benefits should make a difference to you, to your family and to the life you lead outside of work. Benefits are more valuable than ever before and are a significant part of our total compensation package. InterCommunity offers a choice of medical plan options so you can choose the plan that best meets your needs and those of your family.
All benefit- eligible employees of InterCommunity are eligible for Medical, Dental, Voluntary Vision, Group Life, Supplemental Life, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. (A benefit -eligible employee is one who is schedule to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.). In addition, all employees may contribute to our 401k and those who meet eligibility and service requirements will receive the company contribution. Benefits are effective on the first day of the month following date of hire.
- Work Life-Balance-Flexibility, generous Paid PTO, and paid holidays.
- Health & Dental insurance- with flexible contribution options to include 2 HDHP w/ HSA contribution at no cost premium or non-HDHP at a minimal cost to employees.
- Voluntary vision.
- STD, LTD & Disability coverage - employer paid.
- Basic Life & AD&D employer paid.
- Supplemental Life Insurance available.
- 401(k) with 3% employer match and 3% employer give after 12 months and 1,000 hours worked.
- Career advancement opportunities.
The LPN is responsible for assisting in the delivery of health care and patient care management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs selected nursing and administrative duties, and assists physicians as part of the clinical care team
- Conducts pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient charts prior to appointment with recent test results and correspondence and determines needed services per practice protocol
- Confers with physician regarding any incomplete patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders prior to patient visit
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment by escorting them from the waiting area to the exam room and taking histories and vital signs
- Prepares, cleans and maintains exam and treatment rooms
- Gives injections and draws blood; assists with EKGs, OB/GYN exams and office procedures as needed; and provides other patient care services as directed by the physicians
- Maintains sample medication records, administers medication upon physician order and responds to medication requests per practice protocol
- Prepares and maintains clinical supplies and equipment
- Triages and responds to patient communications
- Assists with scheduling tests and treatments, pre-certifying patients for hospital care and/or procedures, and processing referrals to other providers
- Provides education and case management for patients within our Medication Assisted Treatment Program
- Reviews policies and contract with Medication Assisted Treatment patients
- Provides direct support to the Medication Assisted Treatment providers
- Manages Medication Assisted Treatment Providers Case loads
- Coordinates care with disease management or case management programs as needed
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect
- Performs other related work as required
Education &/Or Experience:
Graduation from an accredited nursing program. Current State of Connecticut LPN licensure required. One (1) year medical experience in a physician’s office required.
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing theory, practice and ethics; knowledge of current medications, their actions, interactions, uses and side effects; knowledge of medical, therapeutic and psychiatric nursing interventions and methods; knowledge of and ability to apply quality standards, procedures and protocols; knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic differences; ability to work effectively in a team-based treatment atmosphere; strong interpersonal skills; considerable oral, written and computer communication skills; ability to act as a role model to health care staff by demonstrating and teaching professional behaviors; ability to learn specialized client care applicable to work assignment; ability to listen and provide empathetic assistance to clients and families in meeting their needs and carrying out prescribed treatments; ability to respond to emergencies; ability to respond to and seek supervision; ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust and group identity to foster commitment and team work; ability to analyze and evaluate proper care and treatment.