Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care’s purpose is simple, to provide high quality clinical home care to medically fragile children so they can grow and flourish to their full potential. We deliver this through our commitment to our purpose, through our passion for what we do, and pride for what we contribute to which is the health and wellbeing of children and their family.
Administers skilled nursing care to clients requiring intermittent professional nursing service and teaches the family and other members of the nursing team. Each Registered Nurse performs nursing services for clients within a specific area. These services are performed in accordance with the physician’s orders and the established plan of care, under the direction and supervision of the location.
Education, Skills & Experience (Essential): Must be a Registered Nurse licensed in the state (or a compact state with the state) in which he/she practices with a knowledge of general nursing theory and practice, including those basic bodies of knowledge relevant to nursing, such as drugs and the biological, physical, social, and medical sciences, and their applications for a better understanding of client care problems. One-year acute care preferred; 6 months pediatric experience in an acute or home health setting is required, or extended preceptorship as required by nursing knowledge.
A graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
▪ Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
▪ Must possess automobile liability insurance as required by law.
▪ Must wear seat belts at all times while driving.
▪ Dependable transportation kept in good working condition.
▪ Must be able to drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions.
▪ Must be licensed in the state of employment (or a compact state).
▪ Demonstrates a working knowledge base of the child’s unique response to illness and provides an environment that will foster optimum growth and development.
▪ Teaches and assists the family in functioning independently in the care of their child.
▪ Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes of patient care, consults with other disciplines as required and adjusts nursing care processes as necessary to assure optimal patient care.
▪ Assists in developing the Nursing Care Plan through assessment of patient’s needs. This assessment will include a complete systems review, safety assessment, nutritional evaluation, medication profile, and environmental issues. Plan of Care is developed with the Clinical Director, family, and based on the physician’s orders.
▪ Reevaluates patient’s needs with respect to the physical assessment, the plan of care, and the patient’s response to same. Communicates changes with the patient’s physician and Clinical Director.
▪ Demonstrates respect for the rights of the patient and family and at all times respects the confidentiality of any and all information relating to the patient.
▪ Insures an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment.
▪ Completes all paperwork requirements in accordance with Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care’s policy.
▪ Provides patient updates to the Clinical Director on all clients in a regular and timely manner for the purpose of securing ongoing approvals or authorization for continuing care.
▪ Participates in the orientation process and acts as preceptor to new employees as needed.
▪ Maintains and enhances professional knowledge base by participation in staff meetings, conferences, inservices, and professional organizations and journals.
▪ Supports the goals and projects of the Quality Improvement Department and participates in QI projects/studies.
▪ Acts as a patient advocate.
▪ Acts as a representative of Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care by supporting and adhering to departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards (including, but not limited to HIPPA, OSHA, State, and Federal Standards and Regulations).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
▪ Must possess effective communication skills and the ability to respond to the needs of clients and caregivers in the home setting.
▪ Must have excellent assessment skills.
▪ Has a thorough understanding of home health regulations.
▪ Embraces Healthy Organization culture and lives and promotes Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care’s Core Values
▪ Positively contributes to the achievement of Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care's goals
▪ Demonstrate kindness, consideration and courtesy to others
▪ Willingness to modify work schedule to meet work demands and assist personnel in completion of tasks to support Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care’s efficiency
▪ Able to problem solve by making effective decisions to manage projects appropriately
▪ Capable of gathering and analyzing statistical information to keep Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care successful in patient care
▪ Dependable to maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations
▪ Able to refrain from conducting personal business during work hours
▪ Punctual to work and effectively manage personnel work schedules
▪ Driven to raise the bar on customer service.
▪ Positive attitude and wiliness to handle whatever is needed to serve our team members and clients.
▪ Desire to grow and learn.
▪ Takes initiative and drives for excellence.
▪ Continually seeks to learn, understand and implement new ways to deliver superior performance.
▪ Acts with integrity. Builds trust through strong professional relationships, open communication and transparency.
▪ Promotes teamwork and collaboration.
▪ Travel to client homes and office locations
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
▪ May anticipate exposure to blood and/or body fluids during the performance of job duties.
▪ May be exposed to extremes in temperature and humidity when traveling and in client homes.
▪ May be exposed to dust, gas, fumes, and odors when traveling.
▪ Travel to other branch offices, parent office and/or client's homes
▪ Manual dexterity to operate patient care equipment.
▪ Operate office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, printers and/or copiers.
▪ Visual acuity to evaluate and peruse employee documentation.
▪ Frequently required to lift/push/carry up to 50 pounds.