Get paid up to $39 per hour as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) in Essex, MD and surrounding areas with the scheduling freedom you deserve. As a W2 IntelyCare employee, you'll gain access to healthcare benefits, retirement savings, and continuing training as well as unlimited scheduling flexibility.
Our mission at IntelyCare is to empower nursing professionals to build careers that fit their goals. Current healthcare staffing models place an undue burden on nurses and aides, resulting in unsustainable work conditions and burnout. Our approach prioritizes you — we collaborate with facilities in your area to offer the choices you need when it comes to scheduling shifts. Simply choose when, where, and however often you need to work, creating a true work-life balance.
How would you make use of a flexible work schedule? You could plan more family time at Cox Point Fishing Pier after work, set your shifts around nursing education classes at Johns Hopkins University, or coordinate your schedule with your kids' days off school so you can go kayaking at Rocky Point Park. We think you should be able to create a life you love. Learn about the other reasons to consider joining IntelyCare here.
- Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) hourly pay range: $23-$39 (25% higher than average)
- Get paid weekly or even daily, based on your needs
- Access a wide range of shifts at facilities in your area and manage other job needs through our free mobile app
- Find multi-state shifts with ease based on where you're authorized to practice
- Workers' comp and malpractice insurance coverage paid by employer
- Employer withholding of taxes each pay period
- Overtime, hazard, holiday, pay, and travel bonuses where available
- Eligibility for health, dental and vision coverage for you and qualifying family members
- 401k retirement plan eligibility
- Tuition discounts at Excelsior University (up to 34%) for graduate and undergraduate programs
- Wide range of free app-based continuing education modules and training opportunities
As a company was built by and for nursing professionals, maybe it's better for you to hear what they think about IntelyCare. Here's what a few of them have to say:
"I love working with IntelyCare because of the flexibility to build my own schedule and the excellent pay rates. Everyone here is also very nice and helpful!"
"Having the option to accept shifts at my convenience and control over my schedule is a life-changer because I have a child at home and my plans are constantly changing."
"I love IntelyCare because it offers me flexibility to pick up shifts when they best fit into my schedule. I am a nursing student and it’s challenging to work a staff job due to the curriculum. I have been employed with IntelyCare since the beginning of my program and it’s been a great way to practice patient care while having a source of income."
"Intelycare is great! The onboarding process was seamless and everyone I spoke to was very helpful. The app is also very easy to use."
- Working in a wide range of post-acute facilities in your area
- Providing empathetic nursing care to residents based on approved nursing care plans
- Helping residents with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as personal hygiene, feeding, and mobility
- Observing residents and monitoring their conditions during your shift
- Taking, monitoring, and reporting blood pressure, temperature, respiration, and other vital signs
- Ensuring a clean, sanitized, and hygienic environment
- Communicating with family members and visitors and facilitating communication between healthcare staff and residents
- Moving residents in wheelchairs and assisting their movements around a facility
- Providing companionship and comfort to residents
Qualifications and Skills
- Current Maryland Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification and Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) certification
- Minimum 1 year of experience (GNA or similar role)
- Fluency in medical terminology and nursing care procedures
- Strong organizational and observational skills
- Time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Need a Job That Actually Supports Your Life?
If you're ready for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) job that finally gives you the space you need to live the life you want, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for. Apply today and enjoy all the benefits that come from joining the team of nursing professionals ranked #1 in quality.
COVID-19 Considerations: Clinicians must be vaccinated against Covid-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Essex, Maryland 21221