Who We Are
Mount Sinai is based in New York and known around the world for its wide range of specialties, patient care, and research. The Mount Sinai Health System is positioned to serve diverse populations with its wide range of resources and its state-of-the-art and compassionate care. More than 42,000 clinical and non-clinical employees have jobs at Mount Sinai hospital campuses throughout New York City. Its eight hospital locations are:
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel (Lower East Manhattan)
- Mount Sinai Brooklyn
- The Mount Sinai Hospital (East Harlem)
- Mount Sinai Queens
- Mount Sinai Morningside (West Harlem)
- Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt in Midtown Manhattan)
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai (Lower Manhattan)
- Mount Sinai South Nassau (Oceanside, NY)
In addition to hospital facilities, the Mount Sinai family includes the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai to prepare medical professionals for Mount Sinai jobs, and hundreds of ambulatory, primary, and specialty care facilities throughout New York State. The Mount Sinai Health Network also supports joint ventures in education and clinical settings in New York and Florida, including eight affiliate hospitals, and four nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
Mount Sinai Programs for Nurses
Mount Sinai provides fellowships and other special programs for nurses to help them grow and excel in their Mount Sinai careers. This includes the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program, a year-long experience that helps nurses build competence and confidence. The experience includes collaboration with a nurse mentor, who helps prepare them for success in future Mount Sinai jobs.
The Center for Nursing Research and Innovation at Mount Sinai facilitates nurses identifying opportunities to improve patient care. The center receives federal funding for training programs that teach how to conduct research and implement new programs.
Phillips School of Nursing at Mount Sinai offers traditional classroom learning, with practice at Hillman Nursing Skills Center and Nerken Simulation Lab. Student nurses have the opportunity to do rotations in community and inpatient settings, where they get experience caring for underserved populations. The school offers an accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (ABSN) and an RN to BSN program.
Medical Benefits for Mount Sinai Employees
- Medical/prescription drug coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- Disability plans
- Pre-tax reimbursement accounts (for dependent care, healthcare, and commuting expenses)
- Paid holidays, vacations, and leaves of absence
- The Mount Sinai Recreation Office offers discounted tickets to shows, concerts, movies, and other events
Health and Wellness Programs
- The Mount Sinai Parent (MSP) program helps working parents with counseling and tools to help manage work and life
- Mindfulness sessions teach employees ways to handle stress by using simple, practical techniques
Consider Mount Sinai Jobs
Recent achievements for Mount Sinai include:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Accreditations for The Mount Sinai Hospital of Queens, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai, and Mount Sinai South Nassau
- World's Most Innovative Companies list from Fast Company in 2021
- World's Best Specialized Hospitals list from Newsweek in 2022
- Best Hospitals list from U.S. News & World Report 2022
- Best Employer for Diversity List from Forbes 2019 and 2020
- Recognition for diversity and inclusion from the Association of Employee Resource Groups and Councils Honors Award in 2019
- Top Score in the Healthcare Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in 2022
- Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Award from Top 50 in Digital Health in 2020
- INSIGHT Into Diversity Award for Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine from INSIGHT into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) 2015 - 2019
- #1 of the Top 50 Companies for Diversity from DiversityInc Magazine 2017 and 2018
- Healthcare Partnership Award from 100 Black Men of America
Learn more about Mount Sinai careers in nursing in the following video.