We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
Job Profile Summary
This role focuses on providing professional and nonprofessional nursing care services in accordance with physician orders. In addition, this role focuses on performing the following Nurse Navigator duties: Focuses on the patient's needs and helps guide the patient through the healthcare system and works to overcome obstacles that are in the way of the patient receiving the care and treatment they require. A professional individual contributor role that may direct the work of other lower level professionals or manage processes and programs. The majority of time is spent overseeing the design, implementation or delivery of processes, programs and policies using specialized knowledge and skills typically acquired through advanced education. A senior level role that requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Typically responsible for: managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision, coaching and reviewing the work of lower level professionals, resolving difficult and sometimes complex problems.
The RN Navigator – Ambulatory serves as a liaison between patients, community resources, and providers and supports a smooth transition from outpatient setting to home with a goal of eliminating and/or reducing readmissions, patient satisfaction, and continuity of care across the continuum.
1. Massachusetts RN Licensure.
2.3 Years of RN Experience OR 5 Years of Specialty LPN Experience.
2. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to describe the general nature of work and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
1. Assesses and facilitates coordination of multidisciplinary care across the care continuum.
2. Provides communication, advocacy, and education in a culturally competent manner.
3. Triages new patient referrals to ensue timely access to care.
4. Conducts post discharge follow up phone calls and serves as a liaison and patient advocate in navigating the healthcare system.
5. Provides patient education and supports utilizing knowledge of adult learning competencies and education resources to support complete, connected, and comprehensive care.
6. Collects and reports data from patient on barriers, hospital experience, health care, medications, prior treatments, etc.
7. Collaborates with multidisciplinary care team and expedites sequence of patient's care.
8. Serves as a liaison between patient and providers/clinicians to address patient’s needs.
9. Assesses patient's needs and ensures such needs are integrated into patient’s care plan.
10. Encourages and empowers patients to actively participate in decision making about their treatment and care.
1. Occasional lifting of 30-35 lbs and turning patients.
2. Prolonged standing and walking.
3. Occasional twisting, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, sitting, kneeling, and squatting.
4. Exposure to infectious disease and possible carcinogenic chemicals.
5. Exposure of blood-borne pathogens.
6. Requires fine manual dexterity to lift and maneuver patients.
7. Requires visual and aural acuity necessary to monitor patient care.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
2. Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, and healthcare team.
3. Ability to analyze, evaluate multiple solutions, and solve complex problems using well developed critical & analytical thinking skills.
4. Knowledge of and application of the nursing process.
5. Excellent time management skills needed to prioritize competing priorities.
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home - an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com.