When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Rotating (United States of America)Beth Israel Deaconess Milton is committed to improving the health of our community by providing exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect.
Position is Full time- 36 Hour Rotating.
Sign On Bonus: $5000
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, or designee, within the framework of the Massachusetts Registered Nurse license, participates in the following activities:
· Provides patient care utilizing the Nursing Process:
o systematically assesses the health status of the patient
o analyzes and interprets data and makes nursing judgments regarding care
o plans, implements and coordinates nursing interventions
o evaluates outcome of nursing interventions
o revises/updates plan of care
o documents nursing process clearly and concisely
· Considers specific cultural beliefs and practices when caring for patients. Utilizes interpreter services for patients with limited English proficiency.
· Provides and coordinates health teaching for patient and/or patient representative.
· Collaborates, cooperates and communicates with other health care providers to ensure quality and continuity of care.
· Provides care appropriate to the age groups of patients regularly served; seeks assistance for resources of other age groups that need care.
· Employee maintains competencies (position specific and hospital-wide) required for the specific patient population served
· Adheres to standard precautions.
· Assumes the role of the charge/resource nurse as necessary.
· Actively participates in unit-based Q.A. studies and unit meetings.
· May participate as a member of nursing committees, in-services and orientation programs as directed.
· Attends and/or participates in in-house or outside training programs to improve and augment skills and knowledge.
· Shall assist in the ordering and upkeep of supplies as assigned by the Nurse Manager.
· Effectively assesses and manages care issues related to all patients undergoing operative/procedural/medical procedures.
· Provides care for the patient requiring telemetry monitoring and dysrhythmia recognition.
· Provides care to a variety of medical/surgical patients with a range of diagnoses, including, but not limited to:
· Performs all duties in accordance with safety and other laws, rules, and regulations set forth by appropriate regulatory and government agencies and in accordance with established department and hospital policies and procedures.
· May be required to perform similar or related duties as may be necessary on an emergency basis or as designated by the department manager or supervisor.
· The nature of the tasks/responsibilities required of employees in this position will likely expose them to blood and body fluids. Employees will be oriented to and required to understand and follow the standard precautions for infection control. A summary list of tasks and procedures that may cause exposure to blood and body fluids is listed in the attached Physical Abilities Job Description. Also identified is the protective gear that is available.
Min Education: Equivalent to a graduate of an accredited school of nursing,
Min Experience: Recent acute Medical/Surgical/Telemetry nursing experience preferred.
License/Registration: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
Skills/Certification: Basic Life Support, required within six months of hire.
A Physical Abilities Job Description is a component of this Job Description
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skill required of personnel so classified.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled