Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Retreat Doctors Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) ICU PCU Registered Nurse RN PRN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Retreat Doctors Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our ICU PCU Registered Nurse RN PRN opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Intensive-Progressive Care Unit (ICU-PCU) is a 13-bed unit consisting of 4 ICU & 9 telemetry beds. This transitional unit is a great place to start for someone who is seeking critical care experience in a more supportive environment that is small, but fast paced. The ICU-PCU also has 4 beds for Epilepsy Monitoring (EMU) where a team of experts dedicated to individualized patient care, increase the quality of life for patients suffering with seizures while developing curative treatment plans to completely eliminate them. The EMU performs long-term EEG-video monitoring allowing neurologists to record seizures to characterize, classify, and localize them in order to determine the best treatment options. Your primary function in this role is to instruct and educate patients and their family members.
- As a member of ICU-PCU you will administer all prescribed medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration, change dressings, clean wounds, and monitor vital signs.
- Our nursing team monitors, records and communicates patient conditions as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- You will serve as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care, including patients discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Licensed a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or has a Compact license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital has provided quality healthcare services to the Richmond community since 1974. We give patients access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 340-bed hospital is one of the regions leading acute care facilities. The hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in trauma, cardiovascular and neurological care, women’s health, oncology, and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We are a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center. As part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we drive the state in minimally invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
We are proud to be the recipient of several national awards. The awards include Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics®, 100 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services and Treatment of Stroke, and Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award. We have many other Five-Star clinical achievements recognizing our heart, stroke, and critical care programs.
At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our ICU PCU Registered Nurse RN PRN opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!