We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN Ortho Joint Spine with Johnston-Willis Hospital to promote growth and unlock possibilities. At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Share your leadership skills and come make a difference with us!
Johnston-Willis Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN Ortho Joint Spine for our team to be an innovator. HCA Healthcare partners with Harvard Pilgrim Institute and the CDC to use our data from more than 26 million patient encounters each year to impact the industry. Come build your career with us!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator in the ortho joint spine unit you will provide day-to-day clinical management of the unit, maintaining customer satisfaction (patient, visitors, physicians and staff).
- On an as needed basis you will perform therapeutic patient-centered post-operative nursing care for total knee, hip, shoulder and other surgical procedures, acting as a role model for staff.
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred).
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License.
- 3+ years of current nursing experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
- 1 year of medical surgical experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
- 1 year of leadership experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Certification.
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join our family of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care to drive excellence and raise the bar for our over 35 million annual patient encounters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.