Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Endoscopy Registered Nurse RN to join our healthcare family.
Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Endoscopy Registered Nurse RN opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, our Endoscopy Registered Nurse is responsible for pre and post op of surgical and endoscopy services including gynecological conditions, plastic and reconstructive, urology and colonoscopy patients. In addition to demonstrating a high level of technical and operational expertise in performing Endoscopy procedures, you will also demonstrate the ability to assess and monitor acute and chronic pain patients during procedures. We are an amazing, hardworking team who is looking for a phenomenal addition like you!
- You will maintain accurate documentation to ensure accountability and accurate precise charging
- Anticipating and maintaining adequate inventory of supplies and medications while controlling costs and eliminating waste is a key responsibility
- Your role will be responsible for initiating and documenting patient teaching including family and/or significant others
- Our team requires the ability to maintain radiation safety during appropriate endoscopy and pain procedures
- You must demonstrate knowledge of reprocessing endoscopes, accessories and the automatic washers
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse license in Virginia or a compact license
- Current BLS, PALS, & ACLS certification
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital has provided quality healthcare services to the Richmond community since 1974. We give patients access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 340-bed hospital is one of the regions leading acute care facilities. The hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in trauma, cardiovascular and neurological care, women’s health, oncology, and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We are a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center. As part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we drive the state in minimally invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
We are proud to be the recipient of several national awards. The awards include Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics®, 100 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services and Treatment of Stroke, and Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award. We have many other Five-Star clinical achievements recognizing our heart, stroke, and critical care programs.
At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patients family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Endoscopy Registered Nurse RN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.