Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Johnston-Willis Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool PRN to join our healthcare family.
Johnston-Willis Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a highly-skilled and compassionate RN to join our Float Pool. In this role you will float to units across the facility delivering an exceptional level of care to patients admitted for a variety of medical and surgical procedures. If you are looking for a flexible nursing position in a supportive and teamwork-oriented environment, apply today!
- As a Float Pool Registered Nurse, you will deliver patient-centered nursing care to patients within your scope of practice and based on your nursing competencies.
- You may float to units such as critical care, intensive care, medical, surgical, telemetry, step down, neuroscience, cardiac, trauma, orthopedic, oncology, post anesthesia care, short stay, as well as to the emergency department.
- Working with the multidisciplinary team of nurses, providers and patient care staff on each unit, you will implement a care plan to meet each patient’s needs.
- You will monitor, record and communicate patient conditions as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- As a part of the clinical team of the unit to which you have floated, you will coordinate patient discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- When dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers, you will maintain cultural and diversity awareness, and much more.
What qualifications you will need for this role:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred).
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License.
- 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care hospital setting.
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Certification.
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patients family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse RN Central Resource Pool opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.