Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse RN Cardiac Cath Lab you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Parkland Medical Center which is part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Parkland Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Registered Nurse RN Cardiac Cath Lab PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Cath Lab Registered Nurse is expected to assist in providing total care of the patient before, during and after procedures. This includes providing physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural support.
What will you do in this role:
- Incorporates appropriate assessments and intervention skills in all interactions and delivery of nursing care
- Documents in a complete, timely manner; appropriately uses computer charting/ ordering
- Organizes multitask workload, prioritizes tasks, organizes/delivers care for multiple patient assignment
- Proficient in triaging according to the Emergency Nursing Association triage category systems and maintains excellent assessment and reassessment to determine the response to medications and treatments
- Is flexible and able to process much information quickly and correctly and to develop a care plan to meet the emergent needs of the patient and family
- Provides information to patient, assesses for barriers to learning, uses colleagues as a resource as appropriate, provides counseling about health behaviors
- Collects specimens for POC moderately complex testing according to established policies and procedure
- Performs POC moderately complex testing according to established policies and procedures
- Performs and documents instrument maintenance; performs quality control according to established procedures; troubleshoots instruments effectively, when appropriate
What qualifications will you need:
- Associates Degree of Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required, BSN preferred.
- New Hampshire RN license or Compact License when applicable.
- BLS required
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- 2 years of RN experience Cath Lab and Interventions experience preferred
Parkland Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1983. We give patients access to trained physicians, advanced technology and innovative approaches through our partnerships with the Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart & Vascular Institute. Our 80+ bed hospital is one of the regions leading acute care facilities in Southern New Hampshire. We are accredited as a Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI from the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission. Parkland has also earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® certification for Spine Surgery, Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement.
At Parkland Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse RN Cardiac Cath Lab PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status