Do you want to join an organization that invests in you? At Reston Hospital Center, you come first! HCA Healthcare is committed to the growth and development of our future nurses! Now hiring for our Spring Residency, apply today!
The HCA Healthcare StaRN Residency Program is a year-long program designed to give you hands-on experience to help establish valuable clinical and critical thinking skills. As a RN CCU you will be surrounded by a supportive community of nurse educators, experienced nurses, and fellow residents that promote learning, clinical application, and socialization, shepherding you through the transition from student nurse to registered nurse.
We offer a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement. Some available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive benefits for medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, behavioral health and telemedicine services
- Wellbeing support, including free counseling and referral services
- Time away from work programs for paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence
- Savings and retirement resources, including a 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, flexible spending accounts, preferred banking partnerships, retirement readiness tools, rollover support and financial wellbeing counseling
- Education support through tuition assistance, student loan assistance, certification support, dependent scholarships and a partnership with Galen College of Nursing
- Additional benefits for fertility and family building, adoption assistance, life insurance, supplemental health protection plans, auto and home insurance, legal counseling, identity theft protection and consumer discounts
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for some benefits may vary by location.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The StaRN Residency Program at Reston Hospital Center provides you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. This paid program will assist you with the transition out of the classroom setting through a formalized series of learning experiences, including:
- Advanced clinical training in a specialty area.
- Monthly educational sessions.
- Preceptorship training with a facility preceptor.
- Mentoring from experienced nurse leaders.
| Cohort Start Dates||: February - November 2024|
The RN Resident coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty. In collaboration with medical providers and other members of the care team, the RN Resident provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care using established nursing models such as “Assess, Perform, Teach, and Manage.” The RN Resident serves as an advocate for patients, families and caregivers to support an unparalleled patient experience.
What will you do in this role:
- Assess patient condition during admission and during each shift as scheduled, identifying and reporting any changes in patient status.
- Perform procedures, monitoring, or other functions as ordered by the medical provider(s). Document the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Perform the administration of prescribed medications. Monitor patient for therapeutic response. Notify provider and intervene as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to medication.
- Perform exceptional care by responding promptly to patient requests. Strive to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
- Teach patients, families and caregivers about patient medical condition, patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible side effects, and follow-up measures. Translates complex medical terminology to ensure complete understanding.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) obtained within 30 days of employment
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) obtained within 1 year of employment
- Other Certifications maybe required during employment
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse License or Graduate Nurse in the State
- No previous experience needed
- Some travel maybe needed for training
Reston Hospital Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1986. We give patients access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 230+ bed hospital is one of the regions leading acute care facilities in Reston and the growing Northern Virginia region. We offer a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care. Our hospital specializes in maternal/child health, surgical services on both an inpatient and extensive outpatient basis. We offer urological services including lithotripsy. Our cancer care offers state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities. Reston Hospital Center is a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia. We are the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for multiple consecutive years.
At Reston Hospital Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Reston Hospital Center family! We will provide you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we promptly review all applications. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.