Title: Registered Nurse (RN) – OR
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Department: Surgery Services
Pay Range*: $47.15 - $73.92
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
Utilizing the nursing process and clinical nursing practice standards, the RN is responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for the Operating Room patient in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Surgical Services and the Nursing Departments. Responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care/interventions, teaching patients/family, implementation of treatment plan/MD orders, and evaluation of care rendered. The RN must effectively communicate and document data relevant to the care of the patient. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient age, cultural diversity, psychosocial and/or spiritual needs into the patient’s plan of care. The RN contributes to the promotion of quality nursing care through performance improvement processes that demonstrates positive outcomes in patient care. In addition, the RN collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job List of broad job specific functions.
1. Utilizes the nursing process and AORN standards as a framework for the management of patient care.
2. Analyzes the assessment data to determine a nursing diagnosis and appropriate interventions.
3. Demonstrates leadership in the coordination of patient care across the healthcare continuum with progress towards meeting desired patient outcomes.
4. Delegates to licensed and unlicensed personnel.
5. Demonstrates the ability to utilize effective critical thinking skills.
6. Prioritizes essential functions.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of the clinical information system and applies principles to patient documentation.
8. Contributes to an effective and safe working environment.
9. Formulates a teaching plan, based on identified patient learning needs, and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching plan as necessary.
10. Serves as a role model and mentors new staff members.
11. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial and other sensitive material in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients and or employees.
12. Demonstrates the ability to use good customer service skills by managing and acknowledging patient  family-significant other expectations.
13. Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and discretion.
14. Demonstrates the ability to integrate knowledge of job specific competencies.
15. Other duties as assigned
16. Ability to be at work and be on time
17. Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives
18. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner
19. Ability to prioritize and multitask