Coordinates all activities with the surgery schedule, ensuring that 100% of all surgery patient procedures are completed timely and efficiently.
ORLANDO HEALTH ORLANDO REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Located in downtown Orlando, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) has served the Central Florida community for more than 100 years. With 898 acute-care and rehabilitative beds, it is among the largest acute-care facilities in the region and the only Level I Trauma Centers in Central Florida. The hospital has earned recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in Central Florida and rated high performing in 12 adult procedures and conditions. Orlando Health ORMC holds the most Beacon Awards for Excellence in the state, awarded by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses to units that employ evidence-based practices to improve patient and family outcomes, and is the only adult-care hospital in Orlando to achieve Magnet® Recognition, the gold standard for nursing’s contribution to quality patient care, safety, research and service excellence.
Orlando Health ORMC is the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system of care, which includes 24 award-winning hospitals and ERs, 9 specialty institutes, 14 urgent care centers, 100+ primary care practices and more than 60 outpatient facilities that span Florida’s east to west coasts and beyond. Collectively, we provide care for more than 142,000 inpatient and 3.9 million outpatient visits each year.
Orlando Health is committed to providing you with benefits that go beyond the expected, with career-growing FREE education programs and well-being services to support you and your family through every stage of life. We begin your benefits on day one and offer flexibility wherever possible so that you can be present for your passions. “Orlando Health Is Your Best Place to Work” is not just something we say, it’s our promise to you.
Orlando Health is one of Florida’s most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Florida’s largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients’ needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
• Ensures incident reports are initiated and completed for all unusual circumstances or incidents per facility guidelines.
• Ensures excellent customer service and communication skills with surgeons, anesthesia, team members, and management.
• Maintains open line of communication throughout the shift between Sterile Processing/Materials Management (surgery), Guest Services, Admitting, Anesthesia, PreOP (PACU) and other departments as required.
• Collaborates with Assistant Nurse Managers/Learning Specialists to ensure that staff competency levels match the duties being performed.
• Ensures coverage for Desk Liaison deficits, per guidelines of each facility.
• Schedules after hours and add on cases in an accurate and timely manner, notifying all applicable departments and team members appropriately (Surgery).
• Orients new clinical team members in the functions and role of the control desk.
• Works in collaboration with Surgery Charge Team (Anesthesiologist, Surgeon) to ensure constant flow of surgical cases. If cases are delayed, notifies the appropriate personnel of the delay.
• Coordinates patient care with multi-disciplinary departments (Pre-op, PACU, Radiology, Lab, Blood Bank, OR, ED, IP Unit, etc.) in emergent and non-emergent cases to maintain a consistent level of patient care.
• Acts as resource person, particularly on off shifts, answering or obtaining technical answers to questions regarding cases.
Must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
Current license in the State of Florida.
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider Certification and appropriate Advanced Life Support, if required by individual facility.
Two (2) years current Operating Room RN experience required.