Neuro ICU is a 16-bed unit specializing in neurologically critically ill and injured patients. This unit cares for patients needing invasive intracranial pressure monitoring, frequent neurological assessments, advanced hemodynamic monitoring, artificial airway, and ventilator management. Experienced RNs are preferred but we are willing to consider graduate nurses under certain circumstances. If Neuro ICU is your goal, consider applying to Neuroscience/ Neurospine, Neuro Stepdown, or Neuro Trauma medsurg.
Located in downtown Orlando, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) has served the Central Florida community for more than 100 years. With 898 acute-care and rehabilitative beds, it is among the largest acute-care facilities in the region and the only Level I Trauma Centers in Central Florida. The hospital has earned recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in Central Florida and rated high performing in 12 adult procedures and conditions. Orlando Health ORMC holds the most Beacon Awards for Excellence in the state, awarded by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses to units that employ evidence-based practices to improve patient and family outcomes, and is the only adult-care hospital in Orlando to achieve Magnet® Recognition, the gold standard for nursing’s contribution to quality patient care, safety, research and service excellence. Orlando Health ORMC is the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system of care, which includes 24 award-winning hospitals and ERs, 9 specialty institutes, 14 urgent care centers, 100+ primary care practices and more than 60 outpatient facilities that span Florida’s east to west coasts and beyond. Collectively, we provide care for more than 142,000 inpatient and 3.9 million outpatient visits each year. Orlando Health is committed to providing you with benefits that go beyond the expected, with career-growing FREE education programs and well-being services to support you and your family through every stage of life. We begin your benefits on day one and offer flexibility wherever possible so that you can be present for your passions. “Orlando Health Is Your Best Place to Work” is not just something we say, it’s our promise to you.
The advanced care registered nurse administers patient care in an advanced care setting.
Seeking Full time, nightshift 1845-0715 ONLY
- Assess patient’s needs and develop individualized plans of care based on patient needs and responses.
- Evaluate the patient’s progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Serves as a preceptor, charge nurse, unit educator, and/ or nurse clinician.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient’s needs and the team member’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Maintains regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies
- Participate and may lead unit level and/or organizational level committees of nursing practice and performance improvement.
- Participates in department and organizational peer review, mentoring, and coaching regarding professional practice or role performance.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing with your Associates or Bachelors in Science of Nursing.
- Active FL RN license
- BLS from the American Heart Association (AHA). American Red Cross BLS will not be accepted.
- Previous Neuro ICU experience is ideal however, experienced in an advanced PCU, ICC, or stepdown will be considered.
Free Job Consultation