Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1 million patients each year and support physician specialists holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management Solutions business.
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are going—and the growing career opportunities for YOU. Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a full time, Charge Nurse (RN) Operating Room to join our incredible Team at the Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center! Our Team has been serving the community in a variety of surgical needs for almost 20 years. Enjoy a rewarding career in healthcare while maintaining a quality work-life balance with a Mon-Friday schedule, no call, no weekends and 8 paid holidays a year!We are offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus.
Charge Nurse (RN) Operating Room Responsibilities:
- Assess patient status throughout the perioperative episode of care.
- Develop an individualized perioperative patient plan of care by implementing:
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate, concise and pertinent to the patient’s condition and response to care.
- Manage the surgical area both operationally and fiscally during tour of duty.
- Act as a clinical resource for perioperative personnel using current literature and guidelines, organizational policies and procedures, and regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assist perioperative personnel in the evaluation of current practice through quality and performance improvement activities.
- Maintain radiation safety at all times in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Charge Nurse (RN) Operating Room Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- At least one year of OR nurse experience required.
- Current state nursing licensure to practice in good standings.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of Pediatric Advance Life support (PALS) course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility scope of services within 90 days of employment or documentation of current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in Perioperative Nursing is preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
USD $42.00/Hr. USD $55.00/Hr.