Hourly Wage Estimate: 33.77 - 50.65 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered
for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Oncology Clinical Research Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Oncology Clinical Research Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Within scope, the Cellular Therapy Outpatient Research RN oversees and directs the care of patients who are on a hematologic malignancy and/or cellular therapy clinical trial.
- Your role is responsible for collaborating with the Sarah Cannon Research Institute nurses and clinical research coordinators, and the multidisciplinary team to provide well-coordinated patient care.
- Your role demonstrates high-level knowledge and competence with respect to hematologic malignancies, research trial clinical compliance, administration of research drugs, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy agents.
- You appropriately follows the protocol to assess for compliance, side effects of treatment and engages the physician as appropriate.
- Your role provides patient and family education relative to the patient’s diagnosis, research protocol, and treatment process.
- You will demonstrate collaboration, professionalism, and effective communication in all interactions with providers, the administrative team, PSLMC & SCRI employees, patients, caregivers and referral sources.
- Your role acts as an ambassador for the transplant and cellular therapy program when communicating with healthcare professionals, payers, research partners and auditors, and the community.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate Registered Nurse license; BLS – Healthcare provider. ACLS required within 6 months. Current ONS Chemotherapy Provider card.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN required.
- Experience: One year of acute care experience required. Hematology-Oncology, BMT, and/or research experience preferred.
- Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and health care team members. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure adherence to research protocols, and report deviations from treatment protocol. Strong critical thinking skills. Desire to provide quality compassionate, holistic care.
- Degree of supervision required: Involves general guidance and direction by the BMT Clinic Manager, Clinical Nurse Coordinator and Charge Nurse. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Sarah Cannon is the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare. We offer integrated cancer services with easy access to cutting-edge therapies for communities across the United States and United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon’s cancer programs include individualized patient navigation. Our nurses are oncology-trained. More than 1,200 stem cell transplants are performed yearly within the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network.
Through its services, Sarah Cannon provides state-of-the-art cancer care for hundreds of thousands of patients. Our cancer experts are collaborating and sharing best practices. We address every aspect of the cancer journey, from screening and diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Oncology Clinical Research Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.