For over 100 years, West Suburban Medical Center has supported generations of families in the Oak Park and surrounding areas. Our kind, caring hospital staff have a passion to heal and make a difference in our community. We understand that our employees are the heart of our facility. If you are looking for a family atmosphere, a company committed to professional growth and a culture that embraces our five core values of Quality. Innovation. Service. Integrity. Transparency.
Each day is a fresh opportunity to impact the lives of our patients, families, co-workers, and communities. We promote excellence, optimism, respect, and professional growth. If you are looking for a rewarding and positive workplace, look no further than in your own community!
The wound care nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of West Suburban Hospital, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The wound care nurse works in a fast paced environment that requires exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, families, physicians, and support services. This role requires the use of nursing skills to perform wound assessments and implement nursing interventions, critical thinking and creativity when resolving patient care issues, and to coordinate patient education for the population we serve. This role strives to improve team effectiveness and system processes to improve patient outcomes and satisfaction.
· Provide evidence-based wound care for patients
· Conduct wound assessments and establish etiology and pressure injury staging together with physician
· Establish plan of care and appropriate interventions to optimize wound healing
· Coordinate care delivery and evaluate progress toward attainment of outcomes
· Perform a comprehensive assessment of patient needs utilizing the nursing process when appropriate and based on findings, seek solutions and offer recommendations to the interprofessional team
· Identify and define abnormalities detected in assessments and procedures, and take appropriate remedial action.
· Collaborate with clinical and support services and outside agencies or facilities in order to coordinate appropriate patient care
· Assist with the initiation and coordination of patient education
· Develop and implement innovations in patient and family centered care that fosters quality, safety and effectiveness and serve as a model of care.
· Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing
· LPN or Associates degree in Nursing or higher
· Current State of Illinois nursing license
· Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR through American Heart Association.
· at least 1 year of experience in ambulatory care, home health, and/or inpatient care
· Wound Specialty Certification preferred (or enrolled upon hire and completed within 1 year)
· Experience in specialty clinical area.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and other customers.
· Customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issues.
· Ability to effectively handle challenging situations.
· Ability to balance multiple priorities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, delays or unexpected events.
· Demonstrates attention to detail and monitors own work for accuracy.
West Suburban Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.