COME BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH Summa Rehab Hospital!
We are seeking a Dialysis RN to join our team!
Per diem / PRN / As needed; non-exempt
7:oo a.m.-7:30 p.m.; some weekend and holiday availability needed Hospital Details
Summa Rehabilitation Hospital, located in Akron, OH, is a 60 bed inpatient rehab facility providing inpatient rehabilitative services to people recovering from disabilities caused by injuries or illnesses. We help our patients regain their physical or cognitive abilities so they can return home at their highest level of independence. As a smaller, specialized hospital, we offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you really get to know your patients and their families. Responsibilities
Develops, implements, evaluates and revises a plan of care of assigned patients and families while promoting the mission and values of Summa Rehab Hospital. Reviews all patients receiving dialysis therapy and assesses clinical status throughout treatment. Consistently assists team members in the delivery of acute hemodialysis utilize the established standards of care. Areas of practice are diverse, including, but not limited to, the fields of hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
The provision of care includes direct care along with the delegation and supervision of all nursing care in accordance with the applicable Nurse Practice Act. Specific components of the Registered Nurse role include demonstrating clinical competence; managing patient care; improving quality of care; establishing professional relationships and utilizing professional skills; fulfilling responsibilities of the role of the hospital; and developing clinical expertise per specialty.
- Current, valid and active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Ohio required.
- Current BLS certification from a Summa Rehab Hospital-approved vendor required.
- ACLS certification required within six (6) months of hire.
- Two (2) years of dialysis experience or one (1) year of Critical Care experience, or one (1) year of dialysis experience and two (2) years of experience in the Medical/Surgical field required.
- Must be able to accurately interpret color test strips
- Previous acute care experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Per Federal Health Care Worker Vaccine Requirements, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption. Anyone hired by the company must provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before they can begin employment or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption.
At Summa Rehab, our patients are family. Healthcare is constantly evolving, our growing organization is devoted to ensuring that each person in our care feels safe. Our world-class team of driven, passionate healthcare professionals are always focused on service excellence and providing top quality care at the bedside.