Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1 million patients each year and support physician specialists holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management Solutions business.
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are going—and the growing career opportunities for YOU. Responsibilities
We are actively hiring for an Registered Nurse Pre-Assessment Testing.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Describe the underlying pathophysiology of commonly encountered disease processes.
- Describe the physiology associated with various anesthesia techniques and surgical or procedural interventions.
- Develop an individualized perianesthesia plan of care by implementing:
- Communicating the patient’s current status throughout the perianesthesia continuum of care.
- Evaluating the patient’s past medical history and surgical plan using the PAT anesthesia protocols
- Interviewing pre-operative patients to gather necessary data to assist for admission
- Reviewing all preoperative test results and notifying physicians when results are outside normal limits or incomplete.
- Serving as initial and primary contact for referral sources to direct screening and clearance of patients scheduled for, or potentially to be scheduled for procedures.
- Understanding medications and their actions and educating the patient on which medications need to be taken day of surgery.
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient’s advocate.
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and procedures.
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Administering medications safely and correctly by using the 8-rights of safe medication administration.
- Performing interventions to maintain the integrity of the patient’s wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels.
- Providing nursing and appropriate monitoring in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Performing interventions to protect patient from infection.
- Managing patient’s other co-morbid conditions as applicable.
- Assessing the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person.
- Providing education regarding the expected psychosocial response, nutritional management, medical management, pain management, wound management, and expected responses to the operative or invasive procedure.
- Involving patient or designated support person actively in decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process.
- Protecting patient’s rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care within legal standards of practice; and
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation and time-out policy.
- Evaluate the patient’s progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate, concise and pertinent to the patient’s condition and response to care.
- Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act (if applicable), state board of nursing or professional registration requirements, state laws, and job descriptions.
- Document episode of care completely, accurately, and legibly.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement projects.
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Complywith SCA and facility policies and procedures when providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily safety huddles.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- One year of pre-op, PACU, and/or medical / surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Current state licensure to practice within good standings.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility scope services within 90 days of employment or documentation of current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in Perioperative or perianesthesiaNursing is preferred.
USD $54.00/Hr. USD $55.00/Hr.