Suburban Hospital is a 228-bed, not-for-profit, community-based hospital in Bethesda, Maryland. Suburban Hospital is a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine and has served Montgomery County and the surrounding area for more than 65 years. The designated trauma center for Montgomery County, Suburban Hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and has earned ANCC Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence.
Our comprehensive benefits package is designed to help you balance work with life so you can focus on what matters most-your well-being and that of your loved ones. Some of our benefits include:
- Dependent Child Tuition Assistance
- Educational Assistance Program
- Two retirement plans: Retirement Income Plan and 403(b) Savings Plan
- Affordable Healthcare options
- 7 paid holidays each year
- Paid Days Leave (PDL)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- …and more
This is a prn position. We are seeking someone who is flexible and can work 1-2 shifts per pay period. The Wound Care RN, under general direction, has authority, responsibility and accountability for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of wound, ostomy, and continence care through the agency. This individual functions primarily as a consultant and provides direct patient care and education to selected patients. The Wound Care RN also maintains records and statistics reflecting role performance and participates in agency-wide committees and projects as indicated.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with the minimum of a BSN; Master of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Successful completion of an accredited wound, ostomy, and continence care program required.
- Current license as a RN in the State of Maryland is required.
- WOCN certification required.
Three years of experience in medical/surgical nursing and/or previous experience in enterostomal therapy preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.