Job Description Summary
Provide professional nursing care within an assigned unit and coordinate care planning with other disciplines.
Medical University Hospital Authority (MUHA)
CC004773 ORBG - Emergency Room
Pay Rate Type
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1. Documents initial nursing histories, assesses patients’ conditions per policy requirements and develops individual care plans for patients taking into consideration their physical, psycho-social, environmental, cultural, and spiritual needs.
2. Assists physicians with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care according to established policies and procedures.
3. Evaluates outcomes of patient care, consult with other specialists as required and revises nursing care processes as necessary to obtain optimal patient care.
4. Coordinates discharge planning.
5. Monitors and records patients’ condition. Maintains confidentiality.
6. Using an interdisciplinary approach, formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning [including family teaching] as appropriate.
7. Coordinates patients’ ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services. Communicates patients’ condition during hand-offs.
8. Performs other miscellaneous and related duties as assigned by the director of nursing, charge nurse and/or medical staff.
9. Performs charge duties as requested by director, after six (6) months nursing experience and appropriate training as required.
10. Rounds on patients per policy to improve clinical outcome.
11. Orients or mentors new staff members.
12. Listens effectively to the patient to facilitate care requirements.
13. Provides first line customer service response.
14. Follows the RMC Standards of Behaviors.
15. Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Description
Current RN license in the state of South Carolina or compact state. CPR certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire. Some clinical or hospital experience is preferred but not required.
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees