Job Posting Title
Licensed Practical Nurse III
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Sulphur Veterans Center
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
$27.884615 USD Hourly
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for performing technical direct and indirect nursing care in a clinic, hospital, institution, or home setting for individuals under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician, or dentist. This includes taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to patients and others.
- Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills, and licensure.
- Participates in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
- Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles. Delegates nursing care tasks such as: taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output.
- Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in a variety of settings.
- Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
- Administers medications as ordered.
- Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
- Serves as Charge Nurse on a unit, supervising staff performing medication administration and patient care.
This is the specialist level of the job family where employees are assigned responsibility for performing the more complex nursing tasks and may serve as lead worker. This includes tasks involving the assignment and review of work, providing required training, and insuring that the quality of care meets established standards. Responsibilities will also include providing guidance and training to others in completing the more complex nursing tasks and activities.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing; or Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory; of medical terminology; and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to provide nursing care to patients or clients; and to monitor and direct the work of others.
Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.