Referral Specialist RN Opportunity
This full-time opportunity offers 40 hours per week, full benefits, and Monday through Friday schedule.
Emerald Coast Behavioral Hospital provides inpatient treatment services to children, adolescents and adults at our 86-bed facility in Panama City, FL and outpatient services to adolescents and adults at our three outpatient centers located throughout the Florida Panhandle. Additionally, we offer specialized treatment for active duty military members through our Military Resiliency Program, specialized chemical dependency treatment and TMS therapy for chronic depression.
Visit us online at: https://emeraldcoastbehavioral.com/
The Referral Specialist reviews and coordinates external patient referrals for potential admission to facility programming. Provides accurate evaluation of the facility’s capacity and capability to meet the needs of referred patients.
- Reviews and coordinates external patient referrals for potential admission to facility programming.
- Conducts comprehensive and conclusive clinical assessments to determine most appropriate level of care or referral. Assesses and evaluates acute and chronic medical illnesses. Evaluates appropriateness of patient for admission related to level of direct medical nursing care necessary and shares recommendations with A&R staff and admitting MD when necessary to determine facilities medical capability.
- Communicates routinely with A&R staff to anticipate and plan for admissions. Communicates routinely with nursing units and nursing supervisors for knowledge of pending and actual discharges. Maintains accurate records regarding bed availability.
- Reviews denials/diversions for appropriateness and involves Medical Director/Physician as necessary.
- Conducts telephone triage activities. Receives telephone inquiry and crisis calls and determines appropriate disposition for emergency services, clinical crisis assessment, and referral to community resources and/or agencies. During imminent risk crisis calls, maintains communication with caller while accessing emergency medical or police services.
- Acts as liaison between family, department, referral sources, agencies, schools and other interested parties. Obtains data regarding family relationships, emotional response to health needs, behavioral problems, etc.
- Completes Admission Procedures including completion of admission forms, entry of data into computer system, and distribution of paperwork.
- Documents medical necessity required by state and federal guidelines. Maintains and completes all assessment forms including telephone inquiry forms and logs; documents all appropriate activities related to services. Collects updated insurance and financial information. Enters data into computer databases related to services provided.
- Serves in the capacity of an Assessment Specialist – RN as requested.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Tuition savings to continue your nursing education with Chamberlain University
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $13.4 billion in 2022. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America’s Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 94,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.com Qualifications
- Active Florida State license as RN or Compact State License.
- Experience in patient care preferred. Behavioral health experience preferred.
- Ability to work M-F, 3pm-11:30pm.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.