Registered Nurse (RN) – Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a Good Samaritan Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our SICU RN's:
- Assess, monitor, administer medication, document progress, and manage overall care for highly acute and critical patients coming immediately from surgery.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- 1+ years of experience in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required , Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) preferred
Good Samaritan University Hospital is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The pay for this position ranges from $49.66 – $68.11 per hour.
This range serves as a good faith estimate and actual pay will encompass a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience. The salary range or rate listed does not include any bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation that may be applicable to this job and it does not include the value of benefits.
At Catholic Health, we believe in a people-first approach. In addition to the estimated base pay provided, Catholic Health offers generous benefits packages, generous tuition assistance, a defined benefit pension plan, and a culture that supports professional and educational growth.