Registered Nurse (RN) – Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU)
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
Our Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU) RN's:
- Assess, monitor, administer medication, document progress, and manage overall care for pre-op and post-op patients ranging from pediatrics to geriatrics
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Ambulatory Surgery
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in in a surgical setting (ambulatory preferred)
- 1+ years medical/surgical experience
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.