Registered Nurse (RN) – Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
Our Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) RN's:
- Recover, assess, monitor, administer medication and manage overall care for patients from pediatrics to geriatrics who have undergone surgical procedures under anesthesia (general, regional, and MAC).
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients' loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for the PACU
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in a Critical Care Unit (ICU, CCU, CTICU, etc.)
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 6 months of hire. Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN), Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) preferred.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.