Shriners Children’s is a family that respects, supports, and values each other. We are engaged in providing excellence in patient care, embracing multi-disciplinary education, and research with global impact. We foster a learning environment that values evidenced based practice, experience, innovation, and critical thinking. Our compassion, integrity, accountability, and resilience defines us as leaders in pediatric specialty care for our children and their families.
Shriners Children's is the premier pediatric burn, orthopaedic, spinal cord injury, cleft lip and palate, and pediatric subspecialties medical center. We have an opportunity for a Pediatric Registered Nurse in our Inpatient Unit.
Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Inpatient Services
Hours: Full-time (0.9 FTE)
Schedule: Monday – Friday (Nights)
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Portland is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to join our Inpatient Services team!
Inpatient Pediatric Registered Nurses will have the opportunity to expand their practice through exposure to all of our lines of service, including Burns, Orthopaedics, and Cleft Lip and Palate. In this position, you’ll continue to help our patients through their journey as they have been released from the ICU and are on their way to recovery. This involves providing Med-Surg level of nursing care, including wound care and teaching patients and families as they are learning home care.
- Two (2) years of prior acute care nursing experience; experience in a specialty hospital setting with pediatrics or orthopaedics preferred
- Current RN License in the State of Oregon
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare Providers is required; Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification is preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; proficient computer skills
COVID-19 Vaccination required.
Shriners Children’s offers a competitive salary and benefit package, including continuing education and professional development opportunities. Other considerations include:
- Paid leave
- Retirement savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Spending Accounts (HSA)
- Voluntary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)