We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
Floating 7 is a 27-bed Adult Medical/Surgical floor at Tufts Medical Center that provides care to adult complex patient populations from a wide variety of medical/surgical services. The primary service lines for Floating 7 include Geriatrics and Adult General Medicine, as well as other medical/surgical services including: Infectious Diseases, Pulmonary, Renal, GI, Cardiac, Neurology, Hematology/Oncology, and Orthopedics.
Per diem requirements are a minimum of 4 shifts per month on rotating shifts (days, evenings, and overnights) with rotating weekends and holidays.
The Clinical Care Technician works under the supervision of a professional nurse and collaborates to meet the needs of the patient within the scope of the role. This role assists in direct patient care, provides environmental support, and facilitates patient safety on designated unit and other units as needed. Successfully completes and maintains competencies in role specific skills. Provides an environment supportive of the patient and family centered model of care.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
1. Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Medical Assistant (MA).
2. Completion of Nursing Fundamentals in an accredited Nursing program.
3. One (1) year of related experience as a Nursing Assistant (NA), Patient Care Assistant (PCA), Critical Care Tech (CCT), or Patient Care Tech (PCT).
4. Acute care experience.
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to describe the general nature of work and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
1. Assists the professional registered nurse in the functional care of patients, ensuring efficient and patient centered care appropriate to the developmental age of the patient population. Performs delegated tasks and communicates all findings/concerns to the professional nurse.
2. Provides or assists patients with activities of daily living in a safe, efficient and respectful manner. Assists with patient care procedures as directed by the nurse, using proper body mechanics and ensuring patient dignity.
3. Greets patients, families, visitors and other staff according to service standards. Responds to patient and family requests promptly, seeking nurse’s supervision as needed.
4. Collects, records, and communicates the patient’s clinical data to the assigned nurse in a timely manner.
5. Prepares room for admission/transfer/discharge, assuring standardized equipment is ready for use.
6. Transports or accompanies patients as necessary to other areas of the hospital in an efficient, safe, and respectful manner. Acts as a sitter as requested by the nurse, adhering to the sitter guidelines, to ensure patient safety at all times.
7. Provides comfort measures such as positioning, changing linen, back rubs, etc. to patients in an efficient, safe, and respectful manner.
8. Promotes patient activity by assisting with mobility and range of motion exercises as assigned
9. Sets up for procedures as requested by nursing/medical staff.
10. Cleans and discards used equipment and supplies following procedures.
11. Collects specimens and performs specimen testing, while maintaining Standard Precautions; prepares specimens for the lab.
12. Responsible for care of biomedical equipment, checking par levels and working order for blood pressure cuffs, EKG cables, leads, oximeter cables, etc. Sends malfunctioning equipment to Medical Engineering per established procedure.
13. Cleans wounds and applies DSD after wound is assessed by nurse.
14. Performs 12 lead EKG.
15. Connects monitoring equipment to patients under the direction of the nurse.
15. Cares for patient belongings and completes belongings list.
16. Primes intravenous tubing with solution containing no medication.
18. Performs and documents patient’s admission, transfer, and discharge tasks as requested by the nurse.
19. Answers call lights and seeks appropriate personnel/action. Performs hourly rounding per established guidelines.
1. Lifting up to 30-35 lbs and turning patients. Prolonged standing and walking. Occasional twisting, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, sitting, kneeling, and squatting.
2. Manual dexterity using fine hand manipulation for performing procedures to operate computer keyboard.
3. Requires ability to see computer screen and reports.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Ability to read, write, and comprehend medical terminology.
2. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Ability to work with detailed, confidential material.
4. Computer experience.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-appropriate care.
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home — an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medicine, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.