To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Licensed Practical Nurse works under the direction of a registered nurse to provide nursing care, to assist the
patient in learning self-care techniques and to prepare clinical and progress notes.
- 1. Assesses patients within scope of practice at every home visit.
- 2. Provides evaluation of a patient's status and reports to the RN case manager or Clinical Manager.
- 3. Carries out treatments per MD orders.
- 4. Reports off to RN case manager and/or clinical manager.
- 5. Reports all changes in condition to MD.
- 6. Provides patient/caregiver education as per care plan.
- 7. Completes all documentation within 24 hours. Must include changes in condition, follow-up with provider or other disciplines with supporting documentation
- 8. Complies with recommended productivity standard.
- 9. Place supply orders with VNASC supply coordinator under the direction of the RN.
- 10. Attends all staff meetings, inservices, and all other meetings as required.
- 11. Compliance with all mandatory requirements -inclusive of Healthstreams
- 12. Follows policies and procedures.
Graduated from an approved Practical Nurses Education Program
Minimum one year experience in the acute care setting. Home care experience preferred, but not required.
Licensed Practical Nurse with Valid Connecticut license required.
Excellent verbal and written skills.
Excellent clinical knowledge.
Strong computer skills.
Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and
YNHHS Requisition ID