VOTED by our Staff TOP WORKPLACE for 13 YEARS! - Hartford Courant, 2023.
InterCommunity, Inc is a FQHC LA (Federally Qualified Health Center Look Alike). Our health center provides same-day primary care services to every member of the community, regardless of life situation or ability to pay. We also provide a wide array of behavioral health services. Our community Health Care Centers are located at 281 Main St. East Hartford, 16 Coventry St. Hartford and 828 Sullivan Ave., South Windsor. InterCommunity’s Addiction Services offers a similarly wide range of substance use treatment and recovery-supportive services, with many sites in the Hartford area. We provide services across the spectrum of care, including primary care, residential detoxification and substance use treatment, multiple levels of residential care, outpatient substance use disorder and mental health services for adults and children, intensive outpatient programs, employment and community support, mobile crisis evaluations, judicial support services and social rehabilitation.
At Intercommunity, we believe our benefits should make a difference to you, to your family and to the life you lead outside of work. Benefits are more valuable than ever before and are a significant part of our total compensation package. InterCommunity offers a choice of medical plan options so you can choose the plan that best meets your needs and those of your family.
All benefit- eligible employees of InterCommunity are eligible for Medical, Dental, Voluntary Vision, Group Life, Supplemental Life, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. (A benefit -eligible employee is one who is schedule to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.). In addition, all employees may contribute to our 401k and those who meet eligibility and service requirements will receive the company contribution. Benefits are effective on the first day of the month following date of hire.
- Work Life-Balance-Flexibility, generous Paid PTO, and paid holidays.
- Health & Dental insurance- with flexible contribution options to include 2 HDHP w/ HSA contribution at no cost premium or non-HDHP at a minimal cost to employees.
- Voluntary vision.
- STD, LTD & Disability coverage - employer paid.
- Basic Life & AD&D employer paid.
- Supplemental Life Insurance available.
- 401(k) with 3% employer match and 3% employer give after 12 months and 1,000 hours worked.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Summary: 12 hour shifts 7pm-7:30am for a total of 36 hours a week with every other weekend. Shift differential opportunity ranging from and extra $10-$15 an hour).
The Registered Nurse (RN) Detox plays a critical role in executing InterCommunity mission to promote whole person heath. Under the supervision and direction of the Nursing Supervisor, the Registered Nurse is responsible for providing triage services which consists of an evaluation and assessment of medical and psychiatric status (based on admission criteria) and its relationship to the need of withdrawal management. The Registered Nurse also provides direct patient care to up to 35 clients on a medically managed unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Timely administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Order, transcribe and reconcile medications per MD order as needed.
- Facilitate effective crisis intervention.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans to include referral to higher level of care.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions and collaborate within a multidisciplinary team to achieve best patient outcomes.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel.
- Refer patients to specialized health resources or community agencies furnishing assistance.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education &/Or Experience:
A current/active State of Connecticut RN license, Basic Life Support and CPR certification. EPIC experience preferred, but not required.