Assessment Liaison - Registered Nurse (RN) Opportunity
This full-time opportunity offers 40 hours per week, full benefits, and a convenient day shift schedule.
Emerald Coast Behavioral Hospital provides inpatient treatment services to children, adolescents and adults at our 86-bed facility in Panama City, FL and outpatient services to adolescents and adults at our three outpatient centers located throughout the Florida Panhandle. Additionally, we offer specialized treatment for active duty military members through our Military Resiliency Program, specialized chemical dependency treatment and TMS therapy for chronic depression.
Visit us online at: https://emeraldcoastbehavioral.com/
The Assessment Liaison performs on-site psychosocial screening and evaluations of all patients, voluntary and involuntary, who present to the Medical Centers with a primary psychiatric, behavioral, or substance use complaint. Confirms when patients are appropriate for voluntary vs. involuntary admission. Communicates with referral hospital staff regarding appropriateness for admission to ECBH. Provides accurate evaluation of medical necessity, offering alternative levels of care when feasible. Arranges for transfer to ECBH inpatient facility when appropriate. Initiates a collection and assessment of information for payers; assists patients to complete consent & admission forms. Works with, communicates with, and serves as back-up to Assessment and Referral staff. Act as liaison between family, department, referral sources, agencies, schools and other interested parties.
- Conduct telephone triage activities. Receive telephone inquiry and crisis calls and determines appropriate disposition for emergency services, clinical crisis assessment, and referral to community resources and/or agencies. During imminent risk crisis calls, maintains communication with caller while accessing emergency medical or police services.
- Perform clinical crisis assessments on patients experiencing diverse mental health and/or substance use issues/disorders. In conjunction with admitting physician, establish clinical diagnosis.
- During assessment process, initiate crisis interventions to stabilize patient and/or family situation (i.e. safety contracts, brief behavioral contracts). Consult Admissions Nurse or Nurse Supervisor when significant medical issues are identified. Identify at time of admission, essential psychiatric or medical problems that have the potential to impact discharge. Communicate and coordinate with medical center case manager, nursing staff, and/or physicians.
- Facilitate admission to hospital-based programs by communication with Program Coordinator, attending Physicians. Complete Admission Procedures including completion of admission forms, entry of data into computer system, and distribution of paperwork. Coordinate bed assignments with nursing or Assessment and Referral Staff.
- Document medical necessity required by state and federal guidelines. Maintain and complete all assessment forms including telephone inquiry forms and logs; document all appropriate activities related to services. Collect updated insurance and financial information. Enter data into computer databases related to services provided
- Assessment Liaison RN evaluates referral for any medical issues and concerns. Reviews with Physicians to determine facilities medical capability.
- Acts as liaison between family, department, referral sources, agencies, schools and other interested parties. Obtain data regarding family relationships, emotional response to health needs, behavioral problems, etc.
- Assure the patient’s rights are protected, and act to prevent, identify, and report abuse.
- Actively support the mission, philosophy, & goals for the hospital & treatment team(s). Communicate with sensitivity to growth, development, & cultural issues. Adhere to facility philosophy, Code of Ethics, Standards of Conduct, Performance Improvement, and corresponding Policies and Procedures.
- Serves as a preceptor for new employees.
- Serves as backup for Assessment and Referral or Referral Management nursing staff, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Tuition savings to continue your nursing education with Chamberlain University
- Tuition Assistance
- Healthstream on-line learning catalogue with plenty of free CEU courses
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $13.4 billion in 2022. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America’s Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 94,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.com Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma RN
- Active FL RN License or compact license
- Ability to work in a fast paced Admissions Department
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.