Assessment Specialist - Registered Nurse (RN) PRN Opportunity
This PRN opportunity offers flexible scheduling with a low minimum shift requirement of three (3) shifts per month. There is opportunity for overtime and to cover various shifts if interested.
Emerald Coast Behavioral Hospital provides inpatient treatment services to children, adolescents and adults at our 86-bed facility in Panama City, FL and outpatient services to adolescents and adults at our three outpatient centers located throughout the Florida Panhandle. Additionally, we offer specialized treatment for active duty military members through our Military Resiliency Program, specialized chemical dependency treatment and TMS therapy for chronic depression.
Visit us online at: https://emeraldcoastbehavioral.com/
The Assessment Specialist performs triage, psychosocial screening and evaluations of all patients, voluntary and involuntary, who present to the facility with a primary psychiatric, behavioral, or substance abuse complaint. Provides accurate evaluation of medical necessity, offering alternative levels of care when feasible. Initiates a collection and assessment of information for payers; completes pre-certification and continued stay authorization. Works with and serves as back-up to utilization review.
- Conducts telephone triage activities. Receives telephone inquiry and crisis calls and determines appropriate disposition for emergency services, clinical crisis assessment, and referral to community resources and/or agencies.
- Facilitates admission to hospital based programs by communication with Program Coordinator, attending Physicians and completes pre-certification procedures. Completes Admission Procedures including completion of admission forms, entry of data into computer system, and distribution of paperwork. Coordinates bed assignments with nursing.
- Evaluates referral for any medical issues and concerns. Reviews with Physicians to determine facilities medical capability.
- During assessment process, initiate crisis interventions to stabilize patient and/or family situation (i.e. safety contracts, brief behavioral contracts).
- Performs clinical crisis assessments on patients experiencing diverse mental health and/or substance abuse issues/disorders. Documents medical necessity required by state and federal guidelines. Maintains and completes all assessment forms including telephone inquiry forms and logs; document all appropriate activities related to services. Collects updated insurance and financial information. Data enter into computer databases related to services provided.
- Inventory and document all patient valuables upon admission.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Psychiatric Nurse Residency Program for our newly licensed nurses
- Tuition savings to continue your nursing education with Chamberlain University
- Healthstream on-line learning catalogue with plenty of free CEU courses
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- Competitive Compensation
If you would like to learn more about the Assessment Specialist -RN position before applying, please contact Jill Fowler, HR Generalist at email@example.com or by phone at (850) 704-4023.
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $13.4 billion in 2022. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America’s Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 94,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.com Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma RN
- Current FL RN License or compact license
- Ability to work in a fast paced Admissions Department
- Ability to work a PRN schedule
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.