12 Hour Night Shift
- Interested candidates are welcome to submit resume directly to Laura Mangia, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Carmel Nurses are the heartbeat of our health system. We have several opportunities for both new graduates and experienced LPNs. Regardless of your experience, we want to connect with you!
About the Unit:
The Cardiovascular Progressive Care Unit (CVPCU) at Mount Carmel St. Ann’s has 24 beds. The Registered Nurse could expect to see patients related to NSTEMI and post STEMI/cardiac arrest, post-cardiac cath and acute coronary syndrome, AAA repair, atrial fibrillation, amputations, and femoral-popliteal bypass. This unit offers a strong, welcoming teamwork environment. An RN would have many amazing opportunities to learn and grow their nursing knowledge including cross training to the cardiovascular intensive care unit. CVPCU staff enjoy a positive work-life culture and a supportive leadership team.
About Mount Carmel St. Ann's:
Mount Carmel St. Ann’s has always been the sole, full-service inpatient hospital in northeast central Ohio. But thanks to a recent expansion, it’s transformed into a regional medical center with a long list of patient-centered facilities and services.
Today St. Ann’s is home to a fully integrated cardiovascular center of excellence with open-heart capabilities, a Primary Stroke Center, a dedicated Women’s Health Center, a Maternity Pavilion that welcomes nearly 4,000 new babies every year, an award-winning Network Cancer Program, the first Cyberknife® robotic radiosurgery center in central Ohio and a dedicated orthopedics and spine unit.
These state-of-the-art facilities and capabilities, along with our exceptional team of medical professionals, allow Mount Carmel St. Ann’s to provide award-winning, patient-centered care.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities' at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
- Mount Carmel offers DailyPay - if you’re hired as an eligible colleague, you’ll be able to see how much you’ve made every day and transfer your money any time before payday. You deserve to get paid every day!
About the job:
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides administrative support and patient care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs under the direction of a Provider or RN.
What you will do:
- DELEGATION: Directs unlicensed staff in work related activities under the supervision of a registered nurse. Demonstrates the ability to manage the patient assignment effectively.
- NURSING PROCESS: LPN will use assessment skill to collect data and then collaborate with RN to discuss next steps in the care of the patient.
- COMMUNICATION: Communicates pertinent clinical information to appropriate members of the patient care team. Keeps patient/family appraised/updated.
- EDUCATION: Provides patient/family education under the direction of the registered nurse
- CONTINUITY PLANNING: In conjunction with the physician and RN, identifies discharge needs, participates in planning and completes continuity of care forms as appropriate.
- COLLABORATION: Collaborates with attending physicians, house staff, registered nurse, and other health care disciplines regarding patient care.
- SAFE PRACTICE: Performs treatments and procedures according to approved standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines. Verifies and implements physician/other licensed independent practitioner’s orders. Administers medications, according to the organization’s standards, policies, procedures and/or guidelines. Initiates appropriate emergency procedures within the scope of practice under the direction of the RN/physician. Practices proper patient identification procedures. Maintains equipment appropriate to the care environment. Establishes priorities for the delivery of nursing care and meets patient needs.
- DOCUMENTATION: Documents accurately and completely pertinent information/data in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and/or guidelines.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Utilizes computer systems effectively, including. ATK. Systems appropriate to area. Registrar. Appropriate use of Internet/Intranet.
- INITIATIVE: Takes responsibility to facilitate improvements in patient services, staff/physician relationships and the working climate. Is responsible/accountable for professional development and maintaining licensure requirements. Takes responsibility for own education.
- Administration of medications: Please see the Scope of practice for LPN set forth by the Ohio Board of Nursing
What we are looking for:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing
- Licensure: Current license in good standing to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Ohio
- Certification: Current BLS/CPR and maintain current certification; IV certification preferred
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.