The Johns Hopkins Hospital Inpatient Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Unit has 18 beds for adult patients requiring inpatient care Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapy services. Our team of experts specialize in rehabilitation care for amputation, spinal cord injury and dysfunction, complex medical conditions, brain injury and illness, musculoskeletal injury, and stroke. A Neuro-psychologist is available as part of the care team to provide support to the patient, family, and staff. You will work closely with the multi-disciplinary team in developing an inpatient and discharge care plan. Nurses educate patients and families to ensure a safe transition to home or lower acuity facilities as necessary. Nurse to patient rate 4:1 Days and 5:1 on nights.
Shifts: Permanent night shift or day/night rotating shifts available; Weekend rotation
What Awaits You:
- Achievable and ProgressiveClinical Ladderto encourage career growth and development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dependent Child Tuition
- Annual Bonuses - Opportunity for a yearly bonus for the acknowledgement of your professional nursing contributions + added bonus for completing activities that benefit your health throughout the year!
- Various Career Pathways to help you achieve your goals! Whether your interests are becoming a charge nurse, an ICU RN, getting involved in quality improvement projects, supporting our community, or beyond! We have a multitude of resources and pathways to help you get there.
- Associate degree from Accredited Nursing Program required. BSN/MSN matriculation required within 1 year of hire and completion of degree within 5 years of hire.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree JHH provides Tuition Reimbursement towards earning your BSN/MSN
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required
- Acute Care RN work experience required
***Effective January 1st. 2022, if hired you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your occupational health screening. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons by following the proper protocols. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities
***Nurses hired with an Associate’s degree in nursing must enroll in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of your start date.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.