â‹The LPN provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care. The LPN provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Working directly with the physician, as the liaison between the patient and the physician for establishing and maintaining quality patient care.
- Utilizes clinical teamwork to oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care:
- Assesses the patient and family as appropriate.
- Plans and implements clinical care.
- Facilitates its delivery to patients and family members.
- Evaluates the process and outcome of clinical services in the practice and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Take vitals when necessary, administering medication, assisting in exams and procedures as needed
- Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc. into EMR for physical
- Supply ordering, stocking and daily prep of exam rooms
- Ordering tests, obtaining prior authorizations
- Requesting and obtaining referrals, and scheduling patient visits and/or surgery
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- â‹High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of accredited License Practical Nursing Program required.
- Current LPN license required.
- Previous experience preferred
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.