Wage range: $39.03/hr - $58.53/hr
Position Summary –
The Office Nurse (RN) is responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality care to the patients in accordance with individual needs, physician orders and standards of care, as represented through the patient care policies including patient-centeredness, advanced access, providing a robust medical home for patients, team-based care and empanelment. The Registered Nurse is expected to practice in accordance with professional standards, core values, and with a commitment to service excellence.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
Performed majority of the time:
· Provides direct and indirect professional nursing care for patients using evidence-based decision making. Assesses patient and family needs, develops an evidence and population-based approach to plan of care, implements and evaluates the care delivered.
· Assist in the care and coordination in an ambulatory/primary care setting for all patients including but not limited to OB and newborns, HIV, and other chronic conditions as identified.
· Conducts phone triage, coordinates patient flow and develops plan of care.
· Documents data (i.e. vital signs, weights, chief complaints) on patients’ chart to communicate with health team members.
· Contacts patients with lab and x-ray results and documents phone calls.
· Obtains specimens and performs laboratory work and documents data in patients’ charts, performs injections on all ages of patients and assists the physician with sterile procedure(s), diagnostic procedures and treatments in the clinic as needed.
· Promotes accident prevention and reports potential hazards to maintain a safe environment.
· Responds to emergency situations and contacts emergency services as directed by physician.
· Evaluates patients who have concerns about decreased fetal movements, performs term labor checks and communicates findings to providers as needed.
· Provides patient education as appropriate to situation.
· Delegates and supervises tasks consistent with other caregivers’ scope of practice, adhering to all standards, regulations, and expectations.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of the job:
· Performs sterile processing of instruments as needed.
· Obtains coverage for shift in event of illness or absence.
· Prepares exam room/minor surgery for procedure(s).
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
· Decisions impact wellbeing of patient.
· No budget responsibilities.
Assigned direct reports (not limited to the ones listed):
· Associates Degree in Nursing.
· Bachelors or Master of Science in Nursing.
· Minimum one (1) year of experience in a clinic or hospital setting.
· Minimum one (1) year of experience as an RN.
· Minimum one (1) year of experience in phone triage.
· At least two (2) years of experience as an RN in an ambulatory/primary care setting.
· At least two (2) years of experience in women’s health.
· At least two (2) years of experience of phone triage.
· At least one (1) year of phlebotomy experience.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
· Current Oregon State Registered Nurse license.
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
· Functions as a cooperative, flexible team member in a positive manner utilizing good communication techniques.
· Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
· Uses effective working relationships with all health care team members, patients and significant others.
· Utilizes critical thinking as a problem-solving process in making decisions related to patient care and department needs.
· Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and communication skills.
· Functions effectively as part of a team to provide appropriate level of patient care.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Demonstrates efficient organization skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
· Presents a professional image.
· Demonstrates good grammar and spelling abilities in written communication.
· Demonstrates the ability to type accurately at the rate of 40 WPM.
· Recognizes own limitations and seeks guidance appropriately.
· Prioritizes patient care appropriately, coordinating duties and resources in an effective manner.
· Follows organization’s Attendance and Punctuality Policy (HR-28).
· Experience with electronic medical records system.
· Bilingual skills a plus.
· Must be able to deal with competing needs and priorities of internal and external customers, including making correct judgments regarding ensuring safe conditions for patients, families, and other personnel.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.