Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Case Manager RN opening with HCA Florida Brandon Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Florida Brandon Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Case Manager RN for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Case Manager (CM) ensures high-quality, patient-centered care by managing Rehabilitative care to ensure optimum outcomes. The CM provides, coordinates, and directs care specific to the needs of each Rehab patient. The CM collaborates with the Rehab Program Director and Facility Case Management Director regarding departmental functions. The CM coordinates efforts within the Rehabilitation team.
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide program orientation to patients/families/caregivers. Orientation will include the case managers role, Rehab philosophy, and continued stay and discharge criteria. Orientation will also include Medicare and insurance benefits, grievance procedures, treatment plan process, and rights and responsibilities.
- You will act as the coordinator of patient/family/caregiver education. You will promote the participation of the patient/family/caregiver in team discussions related to plans, goals, and status. This will be conducted through Family Conferences and other interactions.
- You will ensure the implementation of the patients treatment plan that supports the patients strengths, abilities, needs, and preferences. You will facilitate the involvement of the patient throughout the rehabilitation process.
- You will document the findings of the Discharge Planning Evaluation (DPE) and psychosocial assessments. You will communicate the social, financial, or discharge needs and preferences of the patient/family/caregiver.
- You will assume accountability for promoting consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current Florida State RN License or appropriate compact license
- Completion of RN Diploma program or related Healthcare program
- Minimum of 3 years recent acute clinical practice or related healthcare experience
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills, demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with proactive decision-making and negotiation skills, strong knowledge of governmental and private organization and community resources.
HCA Florida Brandon Hospital is a 400 bed acute care hospital in Brandon, FL. We offer many services including a heart & vascular center, behavioral health center and a women’s center. Our women’s center includes a 36 bed neonatal intensive care unit. We have a reflux center and a bariatric center. We are dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a top 100 hospital in America many times. Our intensive care unit has been named a top 100 ICU. Join our friendly hospital with its caring staff located just south of Tampa. We are proud of our colleagues who contribute to the care and services of patients. Whether it is clinical care or our support staff, everyone has an important role in contributing to the health of our community. We hope you’ll consider a career at HCA Florida Brandon Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Case Manager RN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.