The Johns Hopkins Hospital- Weinberg 4B is a 12-bed inpatient unit serving the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service (KGOS), the GYN service, and the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) service. The majority of our patients are GYN-Oncology patients. You would care for women with cancer of the ovary, uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, vulva, and vagina. You would also care for women admitted for benign GYN diagnoses and on occasion, you would care for women with complications from their fertility treatments. The majority of our admissions come to the unit through the PACU, so the staff cares for a lot of post-surgical patients. The unit receives admissions through the ED, the clinic, the infusion centers, and from other hospitals. For people undergoing surgery as part of their gender transition plan, Weinberg 4B takes care of the female-to-male population having female pelvic organs removed. You may give chemotherapy and care for patients undergoing radiation therapy. Very often, the staff cares for women with GYN cancer facing the end of their life. We value interpersonal connections and teamwork on Weinberg 4B.
With passionate and driven leaders' support, our nurses are able to dedicate themselves to patient safety, clinical excellence, and life-long learning. Take the forward step towards success and come experience the Hopkins Way!
Shifts: 12 hour permanent night shift
What Awaits You:
- Achievable and Progressive Clinical Ladder to encourage career growth and development
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $15,000 per year
- Dependent Child Tuition - Payment for up to 50% of child's tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees at an accredited, degree-granting institution
- Annual Bonuses - Optional Opportunity for up to $2,000 every year through acknowledgement of your professional nursing contributions AND an extra bonus for completing activities that benefit your health throughout the year!
Who Should Apply:
- Associated degree in nursing required
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- 6 months of RN work experience preferred, not required
Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing need to enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.