Relocation Assistance available up to $15,000
Ensures the delivery of quality nursing across multiple acute care units, including those who require cardiac monitoring, in accordance with age related and individual needs, physician’s orders, hospital policy, standards of care and nursing practice. This care may be provided to patients located in Medical-Surgical areas, Progressive Care, Emergency Department or patients in other areas who require this level of nursing care. Responsible for assessing the needs of patients, planning nursing care to meet those needs, and ensuring that the plan of care is carried out and documented according to the principles defined in the nursing process. Actively supports the implementation of the Clinical Resource Department goals to improve patient care. Must have experience in at least two clinical areas, for example: Medical-Surgical and Progressive Care. The skill set and competencies will be specified when the job is posted. Expectations of additional areas of assignment will be considered as needed by the hospital.
Assignments will be made by the Nursing Supervisor on a shift-by-shift basis. This nurse may be assigned to patient care on a nursing unit or may be assigned to float to multiple units to meet the admission, discharge or emerging patient care needs which include rest break and meal period relief.
Performed majority of the time --
· Performs and documents assessment and data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner using hospital, medical/surgical, emergency, and telemetry departmental formats.
· Calculates IV drip rates accurately.
· Obtains arterial blood gases via arterial stick or arterial line, following established procedure.
· Sets up for and assists with arterial line insertion.
· Completes moderate sedation testing and competency verification.
· Assists physicians with various bedside procedures requiring sterile technique.
· Performs other technical skills as determined by Nursing Unit skills checklists.
· Informs/teaches patient, family, and significant others what to expect of a procedure and secures consent.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of the job:
· Participates in continuing education programs.
· Identifies potential staffing problems associated with patient’s changing needs and notifies nurse manager to facilitate continuity of patient care.
Decision making and budget responsibilities:
· Impact limited to the employee.
· Associates Degree in Nursing.
· Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing.
· One (1) year experience required in each of the defined departments of specialty (total of two (2) years’ experience overall) determined by Resource Unit at time of posting to ensure appropriate skill mix to support the needs of the hospital and patient safety (the two areas will be identified on every job posting). For this position, 1 year in Med/Surg and another year in PCU/Stepdown.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
For all areas:
· Current licensure as registered nurse by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS.
· American Heart Association ACLS.
Women’s & Children’s Center:
· American Academy of Pediatrics Provider NRP required within 90 days of hire and to be tracked by the department.
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider PALS required within 90 days of hire and to be tracked by the department.
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider PALS or Emergency Nurses Association ENPC required within 90 days of hire and to be tracked by the department.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
· Demonstrates competencies in general adult and geriatric patient populations.
· Current peripheral IV start skills required.
· Demonstrates a knowledge of critical assessment skills
· Utilizes a problem solving process to make decisions related to patient care and unit activity
· Uses effective written and verbal communication skills
· Functions well as part of a team.
· Demonstrates ability to maintain airway using effective endotracheal suctioning and tracheal suctioning.
· Demonstrates proper airway maintenance with nasal, oral and bag-valve mask techniques.
· Competent with order entry and verification of orders as transcribed by Unit Secretaries.
· Performs or appropriately delegates all independent functions as defined in the Oregon Nurse Practice Act.
· Uses cost-effective measures in the delivery of patient care.
· Bilingual skills a plus.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.