Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Pennsylvania Hospital Family Practice is hiring an LPN to join their team. This LPN position supports all clinical areas of a small family practice, i.e. rooming patients, giving vaccines, EKGs, point of care testing, working with insurance companies to approve medications and durable medical equipment. Working alongside Sports Medicine providers during patient care, which includes drawing up medications, setting up and maintaining a sterile field, and fielding questions from patients about follow up care. Supporting medical assistants in their daily clinical tasks and responsible for the maintenance of our vaccine and medication inventory as well as clinical supplies.
The CPUP Licensed Practical Nurse assists physicians and performs healthcare services to patients in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. Monitors and charts patients, collects sample, and performs other tasks as assigned, all under the direction of registered nurses and doctors.
- Administers prescribed medications, gives injections and vaccines, reads PPD results.
- Performs electrocardiograms (EKG) and screening tests.
- Obtains and tests specimens following standard operating procedures and documents results, taking appropriate action with unexpected results.
- Prepares specimens for transport as necessary. Gather information from patient and direct to the RN or Provider when necessary.
- Assists provider with surgical procedures including positioning patients, keeping a sterile field, and wound cleaning and dressing.
- Prepares paperwork to complete patient visit.
- Obtains and documents patient's vital signs as needed and reports abnormal results to provider.
- Cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and checks to make sure all instruments and equipment are in proper working order.
- Maintains medication storage closets.
- Participates in orienting new team members.
Credentials: Licensed Practical Nurse (Required) Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required) Education or Equivalent
Experience: H.S. Diploma/GED (Required) 1+ years Outpatient experience preferred Other (Required) Practice Nursing School
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.