We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
At Tufts Medicine, we’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. Ready to grow with us?
Tufts Medicine Lowell General Hospital is seeking an Clinical Resource
The ED Clinical Resource Nurse is a Registered Nurse with responsibility and accountability for the coordination of clinical activities and patient care twenty-four hours a day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year. Develops and sustains an environment that promotes excellence in clinical practice and customer satisfaction, while striving for optimal efficiency, productivity and utilization of all resources.
The ED Clinical Resource Nurse utilizes the nursing process, leadership skills, and current evidence-based clinical knowledge to assess the needs of the department, collaborate with health team members to coordinate patient care, to manage the flow of the emergency department, and set criteria for the quality of patient care. Provides patient and staff education, clinical supervision, and participates in unit-based activities (quality assessment, shared governance, scheduling, quality review, staff development in-services, etc.). Provides supervision for staff members as charge nurse, and assumes increasing leadership responsibility for professional practice on the unit.
36 Hours/Week Night Shift
Ask us about our updated shift differentials!
- Participate in the professional development for self and other ED team members
- Creates an environment of learning where questions and innovations are expected and welcomed.
- Offer direct, timely feedback to staff regarding practice concerns and compliments
- Encourage professional growth – In-services, Councils, Clinical Ladder, Certificate, School…
- Education – Identify specific needs of groups or individuals and work with education/management to address those needs in a timely manner
- Assist with management of unit schedule
- The resource RN will act as the charge nurse when assigned on the unit
- Round on patients and families every shift and more if possible
- Actively participate in improving perceptions of care - Immediately respond to concerns/complaints and solicit compliments
- Round on staff each shift
- Be visible and available to answer questions, assist with treatments/procedures, admit/discharge patients…
- Designated resource for all novice staff and floats
- Assign unit breaks for fellow teammates
- Manage daily assignments for nurses and techs
- Provides direct patient care as needed
- Round on Physicians every shift
- Assist with concerns and welcome compliments
- Promote excellent relations between ED staff and others on each unit in the hospital
- Participates in hospital shared governance councils
- Supports unit performance improvement
- Mentors staff to provide evidence based practice and clinical care
- Utilize the available resources in a cost effective manner
- Flex staffing per matrix and patient acuity while adhering to budget
Valid MA RN License and 3-5 years of ED RN experience
BLS, ACLS required
CPI, TNCC, ENPC, ICS100, ICS700
Certifications preferred: CEN, CPEN, TCRN
About Lowell General:
For more than 125 years, Lowell General has served the Greater Lowell community with pride. We balance the first-rate care of a premier medical center with the warmth of a three-time Magnet®-recognized community hospital. As a member of our team, you’ll join over 3,000 dedicated care providers to offer complete, connected care, when and where patients need it most.
About Tufts Medicine
A healthcare system that works Tufts Medicine is more than a health system — we’re a community that empowers people to live their best lives by reimagining healthcare, advancing knowledge and pioneering discovery. Every team member plays an integral role in realizing our vision of creating the most equitable and frictionless healthcare experience in the world. Here, you’ll join an enthusiastic community that champions your growth and receive generous benefits to support you and your family’s well-being.
Tufts Medicine Lowell General Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home — an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medicine, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com.