This job posting could be filled with either a CNA1 or CNA2 candidate.
CNA I or CNA2 assists with the nursing care of patients. Provides comfort services and assistance with activities of daily living. Under supervision and directed by the RN or LPN.
Performed majority of the time:
· Assists with ambulation, lifting, and transferring patients from stretcher to bed, bed to wheelchair.
· Provides skin care to prevent skin breakdown.
· Collects specimens
· Measures intake and output and percent of food consumed.
· Records vital signs, weight and ADL’s.
· Applies binders, ace bandages, non-sterile compresses.
· Applies vaginal pads.
· Applies Aqua-K pads, ice bags, and collars.
· Provides appropriate bowel care, including enema administration and ostomy care.
· Provides post-mortem care.
· Discharges and transfers patients, assists in admissions.
· Provides catheter care and peri-care.
· Assists with sterile dressing changes and application of cast.
· Prepares patient for surgery.
· Performs range of motion and patient positioning techniques, as directed.
· Changes bed linens.
· Assists patient with personal hygiene, grooming, dressing.
· Performs personal services such as operating TV, radio and recreational therapy projects.
· Assists with transportation of patients, supplies, etc. as requested.
· Performs BLS or other duties in an emergency situation as directed by licensed staff.
· After appropriate training and competency verification, may be assigned these additional tasks as defined by OAR 851-060-0930 and specifically designated by the director of nursing to the unit to which the CNA I is assigned.
· Tasks associated with communication and interpersonal skills.
· Utilizing de-escalation techniques.
· Assisting with coughing and deep breathing.
· Handling and disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Handling of contaminated materials.
· Implementing precautions associated with communicable and infectious diseases.
· Using lifts and safe client handling devices.
· Turning oxygen on and off or transferring oxygen between wall and tank at pre-established flow rate for stable clients.
· Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
· Change simple, nonsterile dressings using aseptic technique when no wound debridement or packing is involved.
· Suction oral pharynx.
· Administer douches.
· Insert OTC suppositories for bowel care.
· Insert OTC vaginal suppositories and vaginal cream.
· Clean ostomy site and change dressings or appliances for established, nonacute ostomies.
· Apply topical OTC creams and ointments for prophylactic treatment of skin conditions.
· Attach and detach established pulse oximeter.
· Documents on graphic record, fluid balance record and nursing record when appropriate.
· Provides care appropriate to the age of patients served infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult patients based on principles of growth and development and life stages, and according to their culture, ethnicity, and belief systems, as directed by the RN, LPN, Supervisor, or Director of Nursing.
· Reports changes and unexpected findings in patient condition to RN
· Motivates and assists patients to eat and take fluids.
· Provides patients and family members with effective encouragement and support.
· Assists, supports and acknowledges other team members.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of the job:
· Participates in staff development activities for the unit.
· Participates in Quality Improvement process to help make decisions that focus on the customer and are best for the organization.
Decision making and budget responsibilities:
· Impacted limited to the employee and the wellbeing of the patient.
· Six (6) months experience in skilled nursing facility or hospital.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
· CNA Level 1 or CNA 2 certification required upon hire.
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS preferred upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire.
o If not American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certified upon hire, must have current BLS certification through another provider.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
· Able to develop skills in use of computerized hospital information/ordering system.
· Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
· Utilizes effective verbal communication skills.
· Functions effectively in stressful situations.
· Demonstrates skills in caring for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in a knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner.
· Personal appearance makes a good first impression.
· Demonstrates confidentiality regarding patient and co-worker information.
· Respects and advocates for patients/significant others rights.
· Prioritizes and completes multiple assigned tasks.
· Requests assistance or additional explanation when needed.
· Follows directions accurately and completely.
· Formulates and uses effective working relationships with all health care team members, patients and significant others.
· Utilizes appropriate problem solving methods to deal with conflict.
· Bilingual skills a plus.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.