Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at HCA Florida Largo Hospital have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) RN Registered Nurse Service Line OR Coordinator you can be a part of change.
HCA Florida Largo Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) RN Registered Nurse Service Line OR Coordinator. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking an experienced and professional Registered Nurse to become our Coordinator of OR Service Line for Robotics and General Surgery. You will assist in leading our team ensure Surgical Services run smoothly. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. You will help us reach the highest quality patient care.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
·You will utilize your clinical and leadership skills to educate, consult, and facilitate the service line in achieving the highest quality of service and satisfaction for your patients.
·You will ensure effective utilization of resources, standards of care, and operating procedures.
·You will coordinate service line workflow to maximize operational efficiency, improve productivity and reduce costs.
·You will work with the physicians and the healthcare team to determine patient needs, understand physician preferences and coordinate availability of supplies and equipment.
·You will identify training opportunities and coordinate the development and implementation of educational programs.
·You will coordinate service line workflow.
What qualifications you will need:
- Must be licensed as a Florida Registered Nurse in accordance with state regulations or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
- American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
- American Heart Association ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- Minimum two years’ experience in surgical services.
- Knowledge of scrub and circulating responsibilities and surgical scheduling. Ability to handle OR duties and on-call. Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills including knowledge of hospital systems including Meditech/Smart, MIS, Host and Plus, proficiency in Microsoft Office.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Largo Hospital is a 425 bed teaching hospital. We are located in Largo, FL and offer a coastal lifestyle. We have served the community since 1978. Our hospital offers a broad range of medical services. We have expanded our services in medicine and technology for our growing community needs. We have received the gold seal from the Joint Commission. Our heart and stroke care has received quality accolades from the American Heart Association. We are a leader in providing equality in healthcare. We are more than a provider of medical excellence and take our mission statement seriously. We hope you’ll consider our careers at HCA Florida Largo Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our RN Registered Nurse Service Line OR Coordinator opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.