HCA Florida Largo Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room Indian Rocks position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
HCA Florida Largo Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at HCA Florida Largo Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking an ER Registered Nursefor our dynamic Emergency Department. You will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care in a fast-paced, high-acuity environment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
· You will manage efficient flow of patients including triage, screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions.
· You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions.
· You will maintain and review patients’ records including posting tests and examination results.
· You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders.
What qualifications you will need:
· Must be licensed as a Florida Registered Nurse in accordance with state regulations or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
· Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
· Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
· Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
· American Heart Association ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
· American Heart Association PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) and/or ENPC (Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course) certifications required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
· Current NIHSS (National Institute of Health Stroke Scale) certification required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
· Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Largo Hospital is a 425 bed teaching hospital. We are located in Largo, FL and offer a coastal lifestyle. We have served the community since 1978. Our hospital offers a broad range of medical services. We have expanded our services in medicine and technology for our growing community needs. We have received the gold seal from the Joint Commission. Our heart and stroke care has received quality accolades from the American Heart Association. We are a leader in providing equality in healthcare. We are more than a provider of medical excellence and take our mission statement seriously. We hope you’ll consider our careers at HCA Florida Largo Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room Indian Rocks opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.