Join UChicago Medicine Care Network, as a Registered Nurse at our Dearborn Station clinic. In this role, you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care.
Up to $5,000 Sign On Bonus Available!
A Registered Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care for patients including assessment, treatment, care planning, and medical care evaluation by following established standards and practices. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and physicians. This position will be located in a community-based physician practice.
- Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality. Obtains and documents health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition. Provides patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
- Delegates as allowed under the Nurse Practice Act. Refers to/consults with physicians, other health providers, and community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns. Educates patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Documents patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes. Tracks quality assurance data and monitors for acute and chronic care management.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Must have experience working in a community health setting.
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Must be an actively licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience working in a multi-specialty clinic setting as a Registered Nurse.
- A current certificate of cardiopulmonary resuscitation trainin
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Day Shift
- Unit/Department: Primary Care
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC’s COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.