Registered Nurse opportunity for an active Hematology and Oncology Practice
Up to $6000 Sign On Bonus!
*Additional Pay for Oncology Nurse Certification ( OCN )*
SUMMARY OF JOB: The office nurses perform a variety of patient care responsibilities. The RN assist the physician in the management of the patients. Communicates effectively with co-workers and other staff about the needs of the patient. Assures that the daily schedule is appropriate and that all the records prepared by the Medical assistant are complete and accurate.An office RN receives and prioritizes all incoming calls for the outpatient oncology practice in order to continue delivery of safe, holistic care to the oncology and hematology patient population. The office RN implements the nursing process during phone encounters to assess the patient and caregiver situations and provides appropriate support including education of the disease process to the patient and family.
Duties of Office RN
- Nursing evaluation of patient prior to physician visit (Needs, complaints, New issues) and reports findings to MD
- Navigates the needs of the patients who do not have Navigation Nurse assisting with their care.
- Coordinate for patient supportive care when needed (social work, dietician, navigation)
- Orders genomic testing as prescribe by the physician and tracks
- Triage calls and prioritize, including critical labs
- Reviews QCLs and addresses as needed
- Ensure that physician has obtained consent for treatment when needed
- Review physician forms and request from other facilities or programs and address as needed, obtain physician signature as needed.(file from front desk)
- Oversight of Medical assistants, review plan for patient, assure charts prepared and ready
- Oversight of the flow of the office including patient visits, issues with clerical staff.
- Follow up on ordered testing for patient that do not have navigation that the diagnostics are scheduled in an appropriate time sensitive manor
- Attend Tumor boards to keep abreast of treatment plans
- Attend Treatment meetings on Fridays
- Assist physicians with obtaining and scheduling diagnostics and labs as needed
- Assist with prescription renewal, clarification and authorization as needed
- Assist Navigation if needed (information if new treatment plan)
- Request additional testing to pathology as needed
CONNECTING TO MISSION: Holy Redeemer Cancer Center’s ability to continue the rich heritage of the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer and care, comfort, and heal in the home is directly related to the talents, motivation and accomplishments of our employees. A primary way staff connect to our mission is by collaborating with all team members in promoting an environment that provides quality, compassionate, holistic, patient-centered care and supports all internal and external customers
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 2-3 years of office RN experience required; BSN required; Oncology RN experience a plus; Oncology certification preferred; Able to efficiently utilize technology (cell phone, computer).
LICENSE AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: Current State RN License, Current CPR Certification