Registered Nurse - Seasonal Program
Are you a nurse who enjoys the laidback lifestyle and Southern charm of Tennessee? Covenant Health is now offering limited-time SEASONAL contracts to experienced Registered Nurses at our East Tennessee hospitals.
For questions or to request more information, (865) 374-5387.
Program Overview: This program will offer 16 week contracts to Registered Nurses with the potential to renew contract once, for up to 48 weeks maximum per year. This seasonal role is not eligible for benefits. In addition to a premium hourly pay rate, we are offering a completion bonus, paid at the end of your contract. This bonus is contingent upon meeting all shift requirements and performance metrics during the contract period. Participants are eligible for one completion bonus per year.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Active TN Registered Nurse (RN) License or Multi-State (Compact State) License
- Minimum of 2 years recent acute care nursing experience
- Must have BLS certification, with ACLS and PALS certifications as applicable
- Will be required to pass a clinical competency evaluation
- Excellent critical thinking and customer service skills, as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
Units Eligible for this Program:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Emergency Department (ED)
- Medical Surgical
Covenant Health facilities eligible for this Seasonal RN Program:
- Claiborne Medical Center - 85-bed hospital in Tazewell, TN
- Cumberland Medical Center - 189-bed hospital in Crossville, TN
- Fort Loudoun Medical Center - 50-bed hospital in Lenoir City, TN
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center - 541-bed hospital in Downtown Knoxville, TN
- Parkwest Medical Center - 307-bed hospital in West Knoxville, TN
- Methodist Medical Center - 301-bed hospital in Oak Ridge, TN
- LeConte Medical Center - 79-bed hospital in Sevierville, TN
- Roane Medical Center - 54-bed hospital in Harriman, TN
- Morristown Hamblen Health System - 167-bed hospital in Morristown, TN
Covenant Health is East Tennessee’s top performing healthcare network with 10 hospitals, outpatient and specialty services, and Covenant Medical Group, our area’s fastest-growing physician practice division. Headquartered in Knoxville, Covenant Health is a community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system and the area’s largest employer. We are consistently recognized both nationally and regionally for quality and excellent patient care. Our more than 10,000 employees, volunteers, and 1,500 affiliated physicians are dedicated to improving the quality of life for the more than one million patients and families we serve every year. Covenant Health is the only healthcare system in East Tennessee to be named six times by Forbes as a Best Employer.
Work Schedule: Seasonal nurses will be required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period (36 hours per week) and 2 weekends per month OR 4 weekend shifts per 4 week schedule period. You will also be required to work 2 holiday shifts per 16 weeks. If there are emergent staffing needs, you may be asked to float to another Covenant Health facility within close proximity to your assigned facility.
Both day shift and night shift opportunities are available. The standard is a 12 hour shift, with day shift running from 7 am to 7 pm and night shift from 7 pm to 7 am. Shifts can vary based on the needs of the assigned department.
Current Covenant Health employees are not eligible for this program. Former Covenant Health employees must have a break in service of at least 12 months in order to be considered for this program.
In the case of low census, nurses in this program may be called off prior to calling off Covenant Health employees.
seasonal nurse , float , premium pay , ICU, MS , travel