Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Work within our network of 33 community hospitals as a full-time employee of Steward Health Care!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
The Dialysis Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically competent care including assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation for an assigned group of patients. This RN participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and program operations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the program manager/supervisor and with guidance from the dialysis educator when available. Expected to complete all orientation requirements and to advance knowledge in preparation for additional clinical and supervisory responsibilities.
- Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient data pre – during – post treatment for assigned patients and documents in the patient medical record, adjusts, or modifies the treatment plan as indicated and notifies inpatient program manager, appropriately credentialed physician, patient’s primary nurse and others as may be indicated.
- Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health team members for input including but not limited to manager, appropriate physician, and acute primary nurse.
- Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates with direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
- Directs and provides safe effective patient care for assigned patients as prescribed for all modality specific treatment procedures.
- Initiates and coordinates communication with outpatient dialysis providers and appropriate hospital personnel as needed to provide continuity of patient care.
- Administers medications as prescribed and in accordance with contractual agreement.
- Ensures nephrology physician orders for assigned patients are received and entered in the Medical Record.
- Enters all treatment data into the designated medical record thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Performs the implementation, administration, monitoring, and documentation of patient's response to prescribed intradialytic transfusions, including appropriate notification of adverse reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier.
- Ensures familiarity with company, inpatient services program, and contracted provider emergency policy to initiate and assist with emergency response measures.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff including but not limited to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and certified nursing assistants (CNAs).
- Monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Promotes infection control, equipment, and environmental safety.
- Assesses, collaborates, and documents patient/family’s basic learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients and family.
- Instructs hospital/facility staff on aspects of specialized care related to renal replacement and apheresis therapies.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to update the nursing assessment and plan of care for assigned patients.
- Initiates, documents, and completes ongoing QAI activities including monthly reports as directed by manager or designee.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by manager within state, federal and contractual
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Louisiana State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing.
- 2 years of Hemodialysis experience required
- BLS and ACLS Certification Required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)
Please feel free to email us with any questions regarding the Steward National Traveler Network!
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.